Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

727--This program is not available in your area

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   phatmatt1215

phatmatt1215

Icon

• Registered
  • 564 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:07 PM

The channel that D* picked to record my Wish List baseball game on said "727--This program is not available in your area" and did not even bother looking for it on other channels. I waited 5-10 minutes for it to start the game search, but it never happened. I am sorry to keep writing about this, but I am becoming very annoyed with the game search function.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   phatmatt1215

phatmatt1215

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 564 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:36 PM

The channel that D* picked to record my Wish List baseball game on said "727--This program is not available in your area" and did not even bother looking for it on other channels. I waited 5-10 minutes for it to start the game search, but it never happened. I am sorry to keep writing about this, but I am becoming very annoyed with the game search function.

Again I get this message, and AGAIN game search doesn't kick in. I'm about to throw this DVR out the window. I'm just glad I've been here to switch it to a channel that carries the game. If this had been tomorrow, I wouldn't have been here. I just wish I knew why game search is so hit and miss this year. Am I doing something wrong?

#3 OFFLINE   bg4

bg4

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 11:40 AM

You provided no info - we need to know if you have EI - your local market and RSN and what game or games you were trying to watch- networks and times.

#4 OFFLINE   phatmatt1215

phatmatt1215

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 564 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:49 PM

You provided no info - we need to know if you have EI - your local market and RSN and what game or games you were trying to watch- networks and times.

Oops... Sorry about that. Yes, I have the MLB EI package. I live in West Central Wisconsin and am in both the Milwaukee Brewers and Minnesota Twins markets (Brewers fan).. I usually watch the games on channel 669 or 669-1 (FS Wisconsin).. Lately, my DVR has been recording the games on the channels of the other teams (not Milwaukee Brewers) and they would be blacked out. Sometimes it would say the game is blacked out in my area and the game search would kick in and find it on my local RSN. The last few times, it has given me the 727 message that game was not available in my area. It also did not attempt the game search.

If I have forgotten anything else, please let me know.

#5 OFFLINE   celticpride

celticpride

Icon

• Registered
  • 967 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 11:42 PM

arent the EI games in the 700s?, i know with nba league pass i always set the game to record in the 700s that way i know for sure the game will be recorded.

#6 OFFLINE   phatmatt1215

phatmatt1215

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 564 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 12:18 AM

arent the EI games in the 700s?, i know with nba league pass i always set the game to record in the 700s that way i know for sure the game will be recorded.

How do you make sure a game is recorded in the 700's when youre not sure WHICH number in the 700's it will be, unless you are recording it the day of the game and know the channel?

#7 OFFLINE   BruceS

BruceS

Icon

• Registered
  • 549 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:55 AM

How do you make sure a game is recorded in the 700's when youre not sure WHICH number in the 700's it will be, unless you are recording it the day of the game and know the channel?

The guide data usually will tell you which number(s) will be carrying a given game.

Of course, you may need to set it to record both of the channels, since the guide contains no data stating which team's feed is assigned to a given channel number and you could easily be blacked out from one of them.

I just find it easier to record the RSN that I know is carrying the feed that I want. Occasionally, I still have black out problems, but who doesn't.
Hitachi P60X901 HDTV
HR21-200, HR20-700, HR24-500, HR44-500
Tivo S3, Tivo Premiere HDXL
Sony BDP-CX960 Blu Ray Player
Sony DVP-CX995V DVD Player
Marantz SR7001 A/V Receiver

#8 OFFLINE   phatmatt1215

phatmatt1215

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 564 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 12:09 PM

The game search feature this year is absolute BULL CRAP!!! I can NEVER EVER get it to work. Don't mind me... I'm just venting my absolute frustration with it.

#9 OFFLINE   phatmatt1215

phatmatt1215

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 564 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 11:05 PM

I was watching channel 201 "DirecTV Basics" and the guy said that the "727" error is caused by sports blackouts. He said to press the red button to activate "Game Search". It is baloney. I tried it and it doesn't work. At least I couldn't get it to. If others have good luck with it, please let me know.

#10 ONLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,919 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:55 AM

I was watching channel 201 "DirecTV Basics" and the guy said that the "727" error is caused by sports blackouts. He said to press the red button to activate "Game Search". It is baloney. I tried it and it doesn't work. At least I couldn't get it to. If others have good luck with it, please let me know.

After reading through a few of you're posts, it's clear you're angry about missing the games .. If/when this happens again, please post more detail.

First, the channel, title, time and date of the program that is blacked out and fails GameSearch. Then second, the channel, title, time and date of the program that GameSearch should have found but didn't.

This information will be really helpful to determine where the failure is.

Thanks
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#11 OFFLINE   phatmatt1215

phatmatt1215

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 564 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 11:03 PM

After reading through a few of you're posts, it's clear you're angry about missing the games .. If/when this happens again, please post more detail.

First, the channel, title, time and date of the program that is blacked out and fails GameSearch. Then second, the channel, title, time and date of the program that GameSearch should have found but didn't.

This information will be really helpful to determine where the failure is.

Thanks

As a heads up for Tuesday, here is what is scheduled to happen... The Brewers-Indians baseball game(Brewers wish list) is set to record on STO (Clevelands channel). That is not my teams "territory", so it will be blacked out on that channel. GameSearch is supposed to kick in and find it on channel 669 or 669-1 (FS Wisconsin-- My RSN) or in the 730's. Game seach hardly ever kicks in.

#12 OFFLINE   phatmatt1215

phatmatt1215

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 564 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 05:03 PM

As a heads up for Tuesday, here is what is scheduled to happen... The Brewers-Indians baseball game(Brewers wish list) is set to record on STO (Clevelands channel). That is not my teams "territory", so it will be blacked out on that channel. GameSearch is supposed to kick in and find it on channel 669 or 669-1 (FS Wisconsin-- My RSN) or in the 730's. Game seach hardly ever kicks in.

Holy guacamole and onion dip Batman, the Game Search feature actually worked tonight. :)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...