Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Oldest first in DVR menu?

mfh 2

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   4bama

4bama

Godfather

• Registered
  • 284 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 06:29 AM

Seems kinda quite here lately...just one option I sure would like to have in the DVR list of recorded programs:

List the oldest recordings first!

Rationale: If you record a series of the same program that tends to run in sequence, where episode 2 picks up where episode 1 left off, etc..then it makes more sense to display the oldest recording first when you twice press the DVR button.

I'm not one to keep recordings that I've already seen, except maybe some movies, so as soon as I watch an episode of a series I delete it...next time I would prefer to see the next-oldest episode at the top of the list...

Just tossing this out for comments, my rationale certainly will not mirror everyone's...
:lol:
Dish 622 DVR, B'ham locals via Dish, Montgomery locals OTA, Winegard on 70' tower + CM7777 preamp

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:11 AM

If your receiver can use folders, you can active them for the same title. It puts them in with the newest recording at the top of the list (not necessarily the newest episode). If they are in order, you can go to the oldest show at the bottom of the list.

#3 OFFLINE   SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 09:42 AM

Seems kinda quite here lately...just one option I sure would like to have in the DVR list of recorded programs:

List the oldest recordings first!

I had not considered this before, but it would be more intuitive and convenient with your proposed option.

#4 OFFLINE   BobaBird

BobaBird

EKB Editor

• Registered
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 09:42 AM

It doesn't appear sort order is one of the options. What you can do instead is, with the highlight in the DVR list, press '9' to go to the bottom of the list to go directly to the oldest item.
Charles @dishuser - a dynamic employee of Massive Veridian
Visit the EchoStar Knowledge Base
"The other guys charge $9.95/month to use tapeless record" - Dish Network Tech Forum, 8-6-01
"dual" is NOT the same as "Twin" - here's why

#5 OFFLINE   jporum

jporum

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 11:21 PM

It doesn't appear sort order is one of the options. What you can do instead is, with the highlight in the DVR list, press '9' to go to the bottom of the list to go directly to the oldest item.

Despite the length of time I've had my DVR, I didn't know about that trick. Thanks for letting me know about it.

#6 OFFLINE   TulsaOK

TulsaOK

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,469 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 01:23 PM

Despite the length of time I've had my DVR, I didn't know about that trick. Thanks for letting me know about it.

Other keys work as well as long as the DVR list is sorted by name. The keys correspond to the first letter on that key. It will scroll to the appropriate name that corresponds to that letter, or at least the closest.
<span style='font-size: 10px;'>“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”<br /> - John Wayne</span><br /><br />Avatar: Tanner 1992 - 2009

#7 OFFLINE   Grandude

Grandude

RichardParker II

• Registered
  • 876 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:51 PM

I like the idea of the oldest ones listed first. At least make it an option.

Brian...reporting from the left coast
 2 Hoppers,1 Joey, 1 VIP211K active receivers
 I still believe in magic
!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...