Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

NFL Sunday Ticket with Superfan on D* Website

vonage

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 01:36 PM

NFLST with SF is officially available for purchase on the D* website for 1 payment of $398.95. So much for including it for free without haggling.
HR34-700, HR22-100

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   roadrunner1782

roadrunner1782

Icon

• Registered
  • 748 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 01:52 PM

Not for free, not suprising! I'm still debating if I'm going to keep it this year or not.

#3 OFFLINE   dcowboy7

dcowboy7

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,611 posts
  • LocationPequannock, NJ

Posted 07 June 2009 - 02:28 PM

Can u post a link because for me the directv site says superfan unavailable.

Also its says sunday ticket is $279.95....so even with $99 superfan shouldnt it be $378.95 total ?

#4 OFFLINE   scartech

scartech

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 02:45 PM

I called D* this morning to cancel HBO, and asked about Sunday Ticket and SuperFan. The CSR gave me SuperFan for free and the Sunday Ticket price billed over 6 months ($44/month). Call and ask. That's what I did. :D

#5 ONLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 02:52 PM

Can u post a link because for me the directv site says superfan unavailable.

Also its says sunday ticket is $279.95....so even with $99 superfan shouldnt it be $378.95 total ?

You have to log in, select "My Account" and then select "Add Sports" and you will see it listed. Here is the link, but not sure if it will work: Add NFLST with SF

I guess there is no early bird special on the whole package, so it cost more to buy it together.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#6 OFFLINE   VaJim

VaJim

Godfather

• Registered
  • 648 posts
  • LocationVirginia beach va

Posted 07 June 2009 - 04:31 PM

You have to log in, select "My Account" and then select "Add Sports" and you will see it listed. Here is the link, but not sure if it will work: Add NFLST with SF

I guess there is no early bird special on the whole package, so it cost more to buy it together.

...this must be for folks who don't have ST/SF. I had both last year and just checked mine, they are both there as 0.00.....???:confused:

#7 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,349 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 07 June 2009 - 05:43 PM

They are already listed as line items with no price so far. Guessing it only shows if you are not subbing to Sunday Ticket or SuperFan.

#8 OFFLINE   schlar01

schlar01

Godfather

• Registered
  • 335 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:32 AM

$400........just disgusting.

I got SF for free last year and I'll definitely cancel if I can't this year. No way in heck that I'm paying $400. $280 is bleeping ridiculous.

#9 OFFLINE   WestDC

WestDC

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 09:36 AM

$400........just disgusting.

I got SF for free last year and I'll definitely cancel if I can't this year. No way in heck that I'm paying $400. $280 is bleeping ridiculous.

If you could get a ticket to see the(2)pre-season & 8 Grenbay packers Home game-it would cost a lot more than $280 for that :D

#10 OFFLINE   Ira Lacher

Ira Lacher

Icon

• Registered
  • 823 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:57 PM

That amounts to about $24 to watch a football game on TV. Somehow, when everyone is wondering whether they will have a job tomorrow, that doesn't seem like a wise use of money.
-- Ira

================================================
"There are no solutions to complex problems" -- Stan Littman, longtime social studies teacher at The Bronx High School of Science

#11 OFFLINE   Araxen

Araxen

Icon

• Registered
  • 781 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 04:14 PM

ST is way overpriced, but when you have football addicts around you can get away with it. They'll pay anything for it I guess.
If it ain't in HD, it ain't worth watching!
PSN: Araxen - Xbox: Gamertag: Araxen II - Steam: Araxen - WiiU: Araxen

#12 OFFLINE   jclarke9999

jclarke9999

Godfather

• Registered
  • 428 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:52 PM

I had ST & SF last year, and they show up under the my package section of the D* website.

Interestingly enough, the recent activity on my account shows 3 entries
1- 2009 Sunday Ticket $0.00
2 - 2009 Superfan $0.00
3 - 2009 Superfan HD Charge $0.00
HR20-700 to Sony 55" HDTV via component (networked, DECA)
HR22-100 to LG 55LW5600" HDTV via HDMI (networked, DECA)
HR20-100 to Toshiba 20" via composite (networked, DECA)
HR24-200 to Sony KDL32-L5100 via HDMI (Networked, DECA)
H23-100 to Toshiba 20" HDTV via component )networked, DECA)
R16 to Zenith 26" CRT
SWM16
AU9

#13 OFFLINE   iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,162 posts
  • Locationdaytona beach, fl

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:12 AM

I had ST & SF last year, and they show up under the my package section of the D* website.

Interestingly enough, the recent activity on my account shows 3 entries
1- 2009 Sunday Ticket $0.00
2 - 2009 Superfan $0.00
3 - 2009 Superfan HD Charge $0.00

just your auto renewal posting. you'll be charged on your next bill!

#14 OFFLINE   MartyS

MartyS

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:35 AM

That amounts to about $24 to watch a football game on TV. Somehow, when everyone is wondering whether they will have a job tomorrow, that doesn't seem like a wise use of money.

Depends on how you view it. If you're into fantasy football, or just like football, or can't see your "home" team because you don't live there anymore, then it might be worth it.

On a typical Sunday afternoon during football season, I switch between 2 or 3 games on a regular basis, since first, I enjoy football, and secondly, I like to stay on top of the teams I picked in the various pools that I participate it.

When I look at what it would cost to either go to a single game during the season, or go to a sports bar to see my favorite team, it usually works out to a lot more than ST pricing over the course of the season.

So, while I "evaluate" the cost every year, I usually wind up staying with it. Besides, the Bears have Jay Cutler this year, so how can I not watch them? :)
Marty

My Setup

Life is in HD and 3D -- be sure to enjoy it!!

Never argue with an idiot.
He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

#15 ONLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:41 AM

I agree with you on cost and job worries, but football is a way to forget about all your worries, while you are watching it. So it's like paying for therapy.

To avoid the cost, I'm thinking about shipping my Slingbox to my brother who still lives in my favorite teams market. I will have to watch the games in SD, but at least they are free.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#16 OFFLINE   spidey

spidey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:44 AM

Just think if you went to a sports bar instead of having Sunday Ticket at home. First ya have to sit it uncomfortable chairs, ya have to deal with fans of other teams, ya may have to deal with smokey bar, and add in the cost of food for 2 people. from my view ST is well worth the few plus ya get to choose the other games you wish to watch on a single day. Usual Sunday in the spidey house is Golf in AM, 1PM my fav team game; 4PM what game I choose if fav isnt playing at 4PM. A few friends over to watch the game they bring the snacks and beer. Well worth the price however HD should just be part of the normal HD charge ya pay for.

Oh well my 2 cents

#17 OFFLINE   Tallgntlmn

Tallgntlmn

Icon

• Registered
  • 851 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:33 AM

I think I'll be dropping it this year. For one person $280 is a lot. Add in SF and it is silly. I have had NFLST since '01 and certainly will miss it. But I have also gotten to a point where the economy is hurting me badly and I miss between 4-6 weeks of the season for being out of town or doing other things. I wish I could make it make sense, but I don't think I can justify it any longer. :(
My setup: Darn trees sent me back to cable.

spam firewall