Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Trouble deleting a "recent search"

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   bosco10021

bosco10021

Icon

• Registered
  • 514 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 06:22 PM

I have a H20 receiver and cannot solve this problem.

For some strange reason (I don't remember doing this) this receiver is displaying something that I can't figure out how to "delete".

Under the "search for shows", "recent seaches" I have not a single show, but a channel result showing ( "A&E HD 265")

How do I delete this search. The "edit, delete, done" column that usually shows up to the left of a selected search is not showing.

Yikes...this is driving me nuts! Any help would be appreciated.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   David MacLeod

David MacLeod

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,689 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 06:23 PM

try pressing red button after highlighting it.
Dave MacLeod
S.I.H.

#3 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,661 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 06:27 PM

I have a H20 receiver and cannot solve this problem.

For some strange reason (I don't remember doing this) this receiver is displaying something that I can't figure out how to "delete".

Under the "search for shows", "recent seaches" I have not a single show, but a channel result showing ( "A&E HD 265")

How do I delete this search. The "edit, delete, done" column that usually shows up to the left of a selected search is not showing.

Yikes...this is driving me nuts! Any help would be appreciated.

The search pattern you shared is a KEYWORD search that someone in your house was playing with. As David suggested, simply highlight it on the Recent Searches screen and press RED and that should delete it for you.

I'm not familiar with an "edit, delete, done" column for searches, but I do not have an H20, only HR2x, so there may be minor differences in the interface.

#4 OFFLINE   bosco10021

bosco10021

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 514 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 06:29 PM

try pressing red button after highlighting it.

Thanks but that didn't work.

#5 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 09 June 2009 - 06:56 PM

Thanks but that didn't work.

Run the search and then press MENU. See if you get the delete option on the left side of your screen.

PS: Love your avatar of Sherman and Mr. Peabody!!!

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#6 OFFLINE   bosco10021

bosco10021

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 514 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:12 PM

Run the search and then press MENU. See if you get the delete option on the left side of your screen.

PS: Love your avatar of Sherman and Mr. Peabody!!!

Thanks for your shared love for Sherman and Peabody....but your idea didn't work either.

Maybe I need the "Wayback Machine" :D

spam firewall