Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

"Stupid Rookie Questions"

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   oldbamaguy

oldbamaguy

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:46 AM

Although I have gotten the NFL Sunday Ticket (bare bones version whatever that is) since 2000, I recently converted to HD with two HD-DVRs (HR20-100s). I only have two 43 inch TVs, so I'm thinking the multiple game screens wouldn't be big enough to view. My rookie questions are what do I need for the upcoming NFL season? Will the NFTST be available on both HD-DVRs ? In HD? What is "Super Fan"?
Thank You Very Much!!
oldbamaguy (70)
Eniwetok Atoll 1958
and I was There!!

Two HR20-100s, a HR21-100 and a HR22NC-100, four 2tb eSATAs, four non-beeping UPSs, a Zinwell MS6X8WB-Z, router-modem, Windows 7 PC/Wii feeding a 32" Visio, a Windows Vista/Ubuntu Linux dual boot PC, local p2p network

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,485 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:52 AM

My rookie questions are what do I need for the upcoming NFL season? Will the NFTST be available on both HD-DVRs ? In HD? What is "Super Fan"?
Thank You Very Much!!
oldbamaguy (70)

1. A larger TV
2. Yes.
3. With Superfan
4. HD

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#3 OFFLINE   say-what

say-what

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,665 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:53 AM

Sunday Ticket gets you the games.

Super Fan gets you HD, ..... but you need to pay extra for this.

#4 OFFLINE   evan_s

evan_s

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:07 AM

Superfan does have other features besides the HD.

The supercast internet streaming is nice. Quality is pretty good and can easily track the stats on the games.

The Redzone channel is great. If one of our teams isn't playing we usually end up just watching the redzone channel.

Never did get into the short cuts or the mobile highlights personally.

#5 OFFLINE   Mertzen

Mertzen

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:08 AM

From wikipedia:

Superfan
The Superfan package is an extra package which allows subscribers to watch up to 12 NFL games in high definition and offers extra features not available in the regular Sunday Ticket. This was added in 2005 and includes these three features:
Game Mix
This channel shows 8 games at once, along with the game's score, time left in the game, and the quarter that the game is in under the game's feed. Starting in 2008 it can be seen in high-definition.
Red Zone Channel
This channel acts as a viewer's "remote control" and switches around various NFL games as plays of interest occur (scoring plays, key turnovers, etc.) The coverage is hosted by Fox's Andrew Siciliano and has been offered on some airlines, such as Jet Blue.
As of the 2007 season, this channel is provided in HD.
Short Cuts
This 2-channel duo recaps every NFL game in 30 minutes or less, including games not available on NFL Sunday Ticket because they were televised locally or blacked out. One channel shows AFC games while the other shows NFC games. These highlights are made available on Sunday nights and are shown continuously until Tuesday morning.
In addition, beginning in 2008 Superfan will include a new feature called Supercast, which enables subscribers to stream live games on their computers.

#6 OFFLINE   dshu82

dshu82

Icon

• Registered
  • 682 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:25 AM

The Redzone channel is great. If one of our teams isn't playing we usually end up just watching the redzone channel.

Yes! Love it for that very reason!
D* customer since 1997

#7 OFFLINE   oldbamaguy

oldbamaguy

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:29 AM

Thanks for the rapid response!!
I appreciate the SuperFan "features". (I never thought to "wikipedia" it.)
I thought Super Fan came with a lot of "whistles and bells", I'm not sure if I would use any of them. I was sorta planning on watching 4 games on Sundays and recording another 4 games while purposely not looking at the scores of other games. I really don't have any favorite teams, I just LOVE football. To get larger TVs, I'll need a larger house since two larger tvs would not fit on the wall in the living room.
.............................................................. <(cat on keyboard input)
I live alone and have the two TVs side by side, I can barely open the door.
Last season, I had NFLST on one and Comcast on the other.
When Comcast said they were not going to have the NFL Network,
I went to all Directv in May. I've added two eSATA drives so I am ready to record the back to back (to back) NFL preseason games.
Again, Thanks for the Information!!
oldbamaguy
Eniwetok Atoll 1958
and I was There!!

Two HR20-100s, a HR21-100 and a HR22NC-100, four 2tb eSATAs, four non-beeping UPSs, a Zinwell MS6X8WB-Z, router-modem, Windows 7 PC/Wii feeding a 32" Visio, a Windows Vista/Ubuntu Linux dual boot PC, local p2p network

Protected By... spam firewall...And...