Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Browsing the Guide on Directv.com

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   fx72

fx72

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:11 AM

Seeing that there is the free preview coming up, I would like to browse the channels online to see what will be on. The only problem is the online guide is a pain to browse through. You have to either scroll to the top or bottom to advance to the next time slots. I wish there was a way to easily advance the time slots and possibly filter on the channels you are interested in. I remember the guide used to scroll in its own table in the past. Is there another way or easier way to browse the channel guide online?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   mcbeevee

mcbeevee

97% Complete

• Registered
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 08:13 AM

If you are looking for programs on a specific channel (ie - HBO), it is much easier to search using a site like IMDB. The following link will take you to the current day's prime time programs. You can then click on the channel name on the left to list all of today's programs. Then you can select the desired date at the top of the list and click on the GO button.

IMDB TV Listings

:)

#3 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 04:29 PM

Another website that will show you the actual channel numbers for D* is Zap2It. Once you see the grid, click on select preferences, enter your zipcode and then pick DirecTV Link to Zap2IT
HR34-700, HR22-100

#4 OFFLINE   dcowboy7

dcowboy7

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,650 posts
  • LocationPequannock, NJ

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:10 PM

This is a good site too....u can set directv, locals, 6 hour view & if u click the > arrow by the channel name in the grid it lists that channel for 3 days:

http://www.titantv.com/

Edited by dcowboy7, 15 June 2009 - 06:23 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:37 PM

OK, I have a stupid question.

The "Premier Preview" starts in 3 days. What is wrong with "browsing the guide" and choosing shows to record using the handy-dandy guide on the DirecTV receiver itself? You can even select shows to record in advance despite the fact that you don't subscribe to these channels now due to a software change. (Follow the prompts)

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#6 OFFLINE   dcowboy7

dcowboy7

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,650 posts
  • LocationPequannock, NJ

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:40 PM

OK, I have a stupid question.

The "Premier Preview" starts in 3 days. What is wrong with "browsing the guide" and choosing shows to record using the handy-dandy guide on the DirecTV receiver itself? You can even select shows to record in advance despite the fact that you don't subscribe to these channels now due to a software change. (Follow the prompts)

a) its slower than the net....u have to hit the page forward too many times to cover 4 (or whenever) days for all the channels u want to see.

B) i cant look at it when im in work working. :D

Protected By... spam firewall...And...