Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HDMI connection no longer working

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cody21

cody21

Icon

• Registered
  • 519 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:43 AM

Is this a common issue on the H20-100's ?? This has been flawless over the last nearly 2 years - connected via HDMI. Now all of a sudden, my TV is not seeing the HDMI connection. ("No Video Signal" error). I switched the HDMI cable. I switched to the other HDMI inputs on the TV. I am back to using the SVHS cable - but of course no longer get HD pictures. I get HD OTA signals on my LILs ....

Is it time to call the dreaded DTV support line?

Thanks all.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mertzen

Mertzen

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 10:49 AM

You can use component in the mean time. HDMI might be dead if a new wire doesn't work nor does a working device on the D* HDMI input.

#3 OFFLINE   Richierich

Richierich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,471 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:23 PM

Somtimes lightning or surges can cause the HDMI Port to malfunction or it could be a bad HDMI cable (one that used to work but now doesn't).

Protected By... spam firewall...And...