Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

99 and 103 in mid 70's on swim?? HELP!!!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   RHWendland

RHWendland

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 03:25 PM

I am having problems with a SWM install. 4 rooms, one hd dvr, 3 standard. My 101 &119 are at high 90's but no matter what i do i cannot get the reciever to pass the installation verification on 99 & 103. the highest i have gotten them is low 80'2 on transponder 2 and high 70's on transponder 11. Somebody told me it might have soemthing to do with power. 2 of the standard recievers aren't plugged in because the customer doesn't have those tv's yet. could that be thinning out the power to the swm and causing a drop in signal. I doubt it but a second opinion wouldn't hurt. Please help

Edited by RHWendland, 23 June 2009 - 03:29 PM.
typo's

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mertzen

Mertzen

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 03:29 PM

I doubt it has anything to do with power.

Try another LNB cal customer from ODU to read back signal, not very pro but hey gets the job done sometimes.

#3 OFFLINE   RHWendland

RHWendland

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 03:31 PM

tried both of those ideas with no luck, thanks anyway

#4 OFFLINE   Mertzen

Mertzen

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 03:34 PM

Reflector / LNB arms bent?

#5 OFFLINE   RHWendland

RHWendland

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 04:06 PM

I don't think so, I'm going to go back to try again in a little while

#6 OFFLINE   netraa

netraa

Godfather

• Registered
  • 483 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:47 PM

I had one of those yesterday. I changed out the dish, lnb, all the cable I installed, replumbed the mast, and then repeqaked the dish and it fired right up.

took the LNB to the office and it peaked fine. the dish died when I dropped it off the roof but the cable checked out fine so if you can.. I would chage the ODU and fire again

#7 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 06:50 PM

If a second LNB does not immediatly fix the issue, I'd take a hard look at the ODU itself.

There have been reports of some reflectors being warped ever so slightly out of the box.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#8 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:54 AM

Over the years, I've run across a dozen or so dishes with slightly bent reflectors or arms, which had low signal and couldn't be peaked. Often the damage is so subtle that it isn't visible. Replacing the dish is the right solution for those.

#9 OFFLINE   satjoe

satjoe

AllStar

• Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:57 PM

I am having problems with a SWM install. 4 rooms, one hd dvr, 3 standard. My 101 &119 are at high 90's but no matter what i do i cannot get the reciever to pass the installation verification on 99 & 103. the highest i have gotten them is low 80'2 on transponder 2 and high 70's on transponder 11. Somebody told me it might have soemthing to do with power. 2 of the standard recievers aren't plugged in because the customer doesn't have those tv's yet. could that be thinning out the power to the swm and causing a drop in signal. I doubt it but a second opinion wouldn't hurt. Please help

Not power, the power from the receivers are blocked at the SWM splitter. The Power inserter delivers the power to the dish. Check your SWM levels, if they are around 100 then your LNB, Wiring, and your splitter are all good. Then it will have to be your alignment. warped dish, bent arm, mast not plumb, or just not peaked right. Very easy to walk right off the 99 and 103 while still getting good 101 and 119.

spam firewall