Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Tapatalk - iPhone/iPod native support

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pfp

pfp

Whatever

• Registered
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 08:19 PM

Any chance of implementing the free server side of this app so that iphone users can take advantage?

http://www.tapatalk.com/
I do, I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you, or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 08:36 PM

Thanks for the heads up. We will look into it.

Have you tried the iPhone skin we already have online?

http://www.dbstalk.c...=53#post2142863

#3 OFFLINE   pfp

pfp

Whatever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 08:39 PM

Actually using it now

#4 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 08:53 PM

Actually using it now

Great! It still needs work but it's functional.

Again, we will look into Tapetalk. The only big issue I see is that iPhone users will have to pay $2.99 to download the app. Not a big deal for some but could be a show stopper for others.

#5 OFFLINE   pfp

pfp

Whatever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:40 PM

Great! It still needs work but it's functional.

Again, we will look into Tapetalk. The only big issue I see is that iPhone users will have to pay $2.99 to download the app. Not a big deal for some but could be a show stopper for others.

Yep, I can definitely see how some might have an issue with the app price. I must say though that it's actually really nice and makes browsing forums MUCH better than even the iphone skin we have here. There is definitely work to still be done but it looks they are actively adding more functionality. In the end it won't matter how good the app may be if the forums one visits don't have the plugin installed, which is of course why I inquired.

Thank you
I do, I offer a complete and utter retraction. The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice, and I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you, or your family, and I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future.

#6 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:48 PM

We looked into using Tapetalk and it turns out that it interfaces with our software a little too close. A lot of backend stuff going on which we don't really want. Also, the fact that users have to pay to use it doesn't help as well.

Thanks for your suggestion.

#7 OFFLINE   pfp

pfp

Whatever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:25 PM

:(
fair enough. Thank you for checking

#8 OFFLINE   Grentz

Grentz

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,916 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:32 PM

Interesting app, I could see buying it if the forums I frequent supported it ;)
-Grentz
Subscriber since Oct. 1996
HR21-700, HR22-100, H24-100 (SWM)
~Detailed Setup~

Directv Signal Strength Posting Tool - Excel Ver. Web Ver.

#9 OFFLINE   PennHORN

PennHORN

Legend

• Registered
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 06:25 PM

I really wish DBSTalk would reconsider. Tapatalk is a great app that I use for a couple of other forums that I frequent and would be nice if it was implemented here.

#10 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt...&a

• Registered
  • 5,259 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 06:49 PM

Let's not leave out other smart phone users.
There is a BlackBerry beta version, which I just downloaded, and a Android, Nextel versions also.
We need some love. :-)
Thanks to Google search, people can appear to be smarter than they really are.

#11 OFFLINE   msmith198025

msmith198025

Member of the Year

• Registered
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 11:44 AM

Sorry I did not see this thread before I posted one about it as well

#12 OFFLINE   Buzzdar

Buzzdar

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:17 PM

i too sure would like to have tapatalk support for this forum i use a droid and it would make reading and writing to this forum better for me and other users. i wish the site would reconsider and give the user the choice.

#13 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Registered
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:11 PM

I'll add my vote for Tapatalk. Been messing with it on the iPhone and it makes reading vBulletin forums very pleasant as opposed to the tiny print in mobile versions of Forum software or the full browser use.

I'd buy it for $3. It's not like anyone MUST use it. Right now I am testing out the "read only" version which is FREE. FREE is good.

#14 OFFLINE   Grentz

Grentz

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,916 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:35 PM

After using it on some other forums I can say I really wish it was here.

It is miles ahead of using a mobile skin on the iPhone. So much faster and better formatted for surfing a forum.

But I totally understand if the owners/staff do not want to implement it. It is a 3rd party.
-Grentz
Subscriber since Oct. 1996
HR21-700, HR22-100, H24-100 (SWM)
~Detailed Setup~

Directv Signal Strength Posting Tool - Excel Ver. Web Ver.

#15 OFFLINE   Movieman

Movieman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 04:57 PM

Someone else posted about this the other day and I did some reading. Although the Iphone browser does let you see this site this Tapatalk would be it so much easier. Put my vote down for this as well. I saw an affiliate site that seems to be on Tapatalk already.

#16 OFFLINE   David Bott

David Bott

Hall Of Fame

• Administrators
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationTraveling the USA

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:44 AM

Hi All...

Please be aware we are currently working on a iPhone app for the site. It will be free.

You see, one issue we run into with this site is the amount of customizations we need make to the software. As such, we can not just add something like is mentioned here based on issues it can make. Like searching for example, as we do not use the standard Vb search.

Stay Tuned

#17 OFFLINE   pfp

pfp

Whatever

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:22 AM

Hi All...

Please be aware we are currently working on a iPhone app for the site. It will be free.

You see, one issue we run into with this site is the amount of customizations we need make to the software. As such, we can not just add something like is mentioned here based on issues it can make. Like searching for example, as we do not use the standard Vb search.

Stay Tuned

SWEET!

thankyouthankyouthankyou

#18 OFFLINE   davring

davring

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,392 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:23 AM

Hi All...

Stay Tuned

Thank you, looking forward to it.

#19 OFFLINE   Phil T

Phil T

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:57 AM

:D

#20 OFFLINE   Karen

Karen

Godfather