Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

eSATA - DIRECTV recommended list

• Please log in to reply
3164 replies to this topic

#3151 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,730 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 07 December 2014 - 12:20 PM

Thank you, Rich. I think we should continue in the thread I referenced just above. 

"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#3152 OFFLINE   mocarob

mocarob

Legend

• Registered
  • 228 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 01:31 PM

I'm pretty sure it won't work on the two tuner sets.  I don't have any need for a Genie, so I just know what I read about them.  I'm kinda surprised that they took away that ability on the two tuner units but left it alone on the Genies.  Or maybe it works again on the two tuner sets.  

Rich

I tried to boot with only an Xternal a couple of days ago on my HR21. No go..

#3153 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,730 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 01:22 AM

Got my 2 TB drive and now I can't find the power cord to the Thermaltake dock. Their website doesn't specify the amperage- it's a 12v. External, and the input isn't stickers. Tried a 1 amp one I had lying around, but it didn't show up on my computer, so I don't know if the wrong wall wart is the problem or something else. At least no smoke was apparent and the drive spun up, but didn't mount. If someone could post what the specs are for the power supply, I would be grateful.

#3154 OFFLINE   mocarob

mocarob

Legend

• Registered
  • 228 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:24 AM

My BlacX is a 12v-2a.  Part# CS-1202000.

#3155 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,730 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 10:26 AM

Ah, thank you very much. That will narrow the search down a lot. I've saved wall warts over the years, and must have fifty or so. Time to weed them; at least the Nokia and Motorola ones can go!

#3156 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 22,640 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 09 December 2014 - 01:28 PM

Ah, thank you very much. That will narrow the search down a lot. I've saved wall warts over the years, and must have fifty or so. Time to weed them; at least the Nokia and Motorola ones can go!

Now, wouldn't you think everybody should have to label their wall warts as Roku kindly does?  I have so many of the damn things in a bin that I know I'll never use, but I also know, with my luck, I could throw them all out and need one the next day.     :nono2:

Frustrating, isn't it?

Rich

#3157 OFFLINE   juniormaj

juniormaj

Legend

• Registered
  • 672 posts
  • LocationNewbury Park, CA

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:33 PM

Now, wouldn't you think everybody should have to label their wall warts as Roku kindly does?  I have so many of the damn things in a bin that I know I'll never use, but I also know, with my luck, I could throw them all out and need one the next day.     :nono2:

Frustrating, isn't it?

Rich

I've tried to get in the habit of labeling them as I get them, but yeah, it would be nice if they shipped that way.

-Jr.
DirecTV since 1994

#3158 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,730 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 09:27 PM

Excelsior! Found it, and it even matches the picture on their website. (which gives no freakin' specs!). It was on a Netgear router I set up recently, and so when I went to replace it with a wall wart that was labelled Netgear, it didn't work. It was one amp. So , I found another two amp wall wart for the Netgear, and, crossing fingers, I am back in business. 

I try not to over power or underpowered my devices, and so fingers are really crossed on the Netgear 3400. 

#3159 OFFLINE   Silvergoat

Silvergoat

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:00 PM

Just adding my two cents.  Have a raid 50 using 6x4 terabyte WD  red hard drives in a Mediasonic H8R2-SU352 raid box.  Works great!

http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B00EHBERSE

http://www.mediasoni...p?id=1357290608   

#3160 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,280 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:11 AM

Oh man! Why the recordings are so important to pay triple or more price for 8GB of usable space?!

#3161 OFFLINE   SubSolar

SubSolar

Mentor

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 03:23 PM

Hey guys I just had an HR44-500 installed. Been a few years since I've had DirecTV and upgraded the external drive. I think I had 1TB before.

I was wondering if anyone has had a 6 TB setup and can share what they used? It sounds like this Thermaltake Max 5 ( works with up to 3 TB (even though it says on site only up to 2 TB). Can anyone confirm if this works with 6 TB drives?

Also do you guys recommend the Western Digital Reds or Greens?

http://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-3-5-inch-IntelliPower-WD60EFRX/dp/B00LO3KR96/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1421442262&sr=8-2&keywords=6+tb+internal+hard+drive&pebp=1421442275070&peasin=B00LO3KR96

http://www.amazon.co...rnal hard drive

#3162 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,233 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 03:29 PM

There are numerous postings in this very same thread from those of us running large drive setups.  I've run up to 16TB personally.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#3163 OFFLINE   SubSolar

SubSolar

Mentor

• Registered
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:00 PM

There are numerous postings in this very same thread from those of us running large drive setups.  I've run up to 16TB personally.

Cool, what is your setup? I looked back in this thread about a year and a half, I see people running more than 4TB but only with RAID, multiple disk setups. Are there known single drive eSata enclosures model numbers that will work with one 6TB drive?

#3164 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,280 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:39 AM

When the 6 GB drives came to shelves? Year and an half?
You must do your leg works, no one used such drive yet. Do own recearch, call and send email requests to mfg of enclosures,ask which one do support the your drive.

I would buy a green model if it AV-GP kind.

Edited by P Smith, 17 January 2015 - 12:45 AM.

#3165 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,233 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:46 AM

Cool, what is your setup? I looked back in this thread about a year and a half, I see people running more than 4TB but only with RAID, multiple disk setups. Are there known single drive eSata enclosures model numbers that will work with one 6TB drive?

There are several people in here using single drive eSATA enclosures.  You just need to do your reading like everyone else has or do like most of us and just give it a shot and let us know if it works or not.

The trend seems to be WD Red or Purple drives now.  Several people have them working.  I personally go with Enterprise level Seagate drives.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Protected By... spam firewall...And...