I will give TP (test procedure):
- DUT: any SATA HDD size > 100 GB from your box of spare parts
- OS and PC: any with SATA port and OS XP and up
- preparation stage: create FAT or NTFS partition (if not there), check by Device Manager (make screenshot)
- - connect the HDD to DVR, it should initialize it, do record one or a couple short events, play them back
- verification stage: connect the HDD to PC - do not allow Windows initialize the drive again! - and verify partitioning under Device Manager (make screenshot)
- - you could make secondary test here: just install Ext2fs software and after mounting DVR HDD, you could navigate throughout its XFS file and folders by Win browser
- final test (of harmless the Windows OS), reconnect the HDD to DVR and play recorded events
- post your report here (to educate some inexperienced people)
Same TP could be execute for different versions of OS: Vista, 7, 8, 10 ...
Edited by P Smith, 29 April 2016 - 11:05 PM.