Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ESPN Gameplan 2009 in HD???

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   oklahoma258

oklahoma258

Mentor

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:25 PM

Does anybody know if ESPN Gameplan will be in HD this year?? I am an Oklahoma fan but i live in Georgia, so I have to get Gameplan for those regional ABC games. Pretty much, all of Oklahoma's games on ABC are in HD but because i live in Georgia i get some crappy ACC game in HD on my ABC channel. So, I go to my gameplan channel for the ABC Regional Oklahoma game which is supposed to be in HD but its not, because Gameplan is not in HD! I can't stand to watch Oklahoma kick Texas A&M's butt in SD! it sucks!!!!! So, does anybody know if i can get my regional abc hd game on gameplan in hd this year?? Will ESPN Gameplan for the 2009 season be in HD??? Please somebody tell me!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   say-what

say-what

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,689 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:28 PM

Haven't seen or heard anything yet on this.

#3 OFFLINE   oklahoma258

oklahoma258

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:29 PM

do u know when info on this will be out?

#4 OFFLINE   say-what

say-what

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,689 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:30 PM

They're not even selling the package yet - I'd imagine that they'd start pushing this sometime within the next 30-days.

#5 OFFLINE   oklahoma258

oklahoma258

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:34 PM

cool thanks, u like lsu?

#6 OFFLINE   dhines

dhines

Godfather

• Registered
  • 398 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:35 PM

bigger question might be . . . for those that get espn360, will that have a HD feed? would love to get the ESPN gameplan (effectively) for free, or should i say 'no additional cost'.

but that is derailing, as this is a DBS forum. would be nice to see the gameplan be offered in HD, but i don't think it will be 100%. think about it, aren't there many games shown on the gameplan that are SD only (small conference games)? that being said, there is no excuse for ABC games not being 100% HD.

btw, me gets all my USC games in HD :D
nothing like having way too much sports programming . . .

(see profile for equipment)

Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   oklahoma258

oklahoma258

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:36 PM

ya, that would be pretty nice ESPN360 in HD yeah!!!!!

#8 OFFLINE   Red Dog

Red Dog

Godfather

• Registered
  • 411 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:38 PM

I seriously doubt you'll see Gameplan HD.

#9 OFFLINE   oklahoma258

oklahoma258

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:39 PM

ha dang it thats what i figured but u never know

#10 OFFLINE   dhines

dhines

Godfather

• Registered
  • 398 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:41 PM

I seriously doubt you'll see Gameplan HD.

are you saying 100% HD or any gameplan HD? i don't see why they wouldn't offer HD for what they have available . . .
nothing like having way too much sports programming . . .

(see profile for equipment)

Posted Image

#11 OFFLINE   oklahoma258

oklahoma258

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:43 PM

They should at least put the ABC regional games in HD because their actually in hd but if u live somewhere else they dont put them in gameplan hd so...

#12 OFFLINE   billmarc

billmarc

AllStar

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:49 PM

I got my letter from DISH last week about automatic renewal of the ESPN GamePlan package. Auto renewal price is $115.00 this season. No word about HD for any of the games. If I find out that none of the games will be in HD this year, I'll probably cancel. The price keeps going up, so the picture quality should, too.

#13 OFFLINE   ziggy29

ziggy29

Icon

• Registered
  • 691 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio DMA

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:52 PM

I got my letter from DISH last week about automatic renewal of the ESPN GamePlan package. Auto renewal price is $115.00 this season. No word about HD for any of the games. If I find out that none of the games will be in HD this year, I'll probably cancel. The price keeps going up, so the picture quality should, too.

I have D*, but I'm planning to cancel, too. Last year I noticed how much college football there was on CBS, ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, Big 10 Network, CBS College Sports and the local RSN among others (most of them in HD). Seems like there ought to be enough to choose from, even if I don't sometimes get that one game I wanted to see most (and as a Verizon DSL customer I get ESPN360, too, and maybe some of those games on GamePlan will be there).

And with ESPNU now moved to the D* basic tier (i.e. not part of a premium sports package), there should be plenty of college football available without dropping a C-note on it.
My stuff: D* HR20-700 (living room) / R15 (bedroom) / OTA 91XG+YA1713+HDP269 / Harmony 880

#14 OFFLINE   oklahoma258

oklahoma258

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:52 PM

yeah i wouldnt cancel but i would defiantly complain about the price i mean cmon... im with directv though so idk

#15 OFFLINE   Red Dog

Red Dog

Godfather

• Registered
  • 411 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 04:57 PM

I have D*, but I'm planning to cancel, too. Last year I noticed how much college football there was on CBS, ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, Big 10 Network, CBS College Sports and the local RSN among others (most of them in HD). Seems like there ought to be enough to choose from, even if I don't sometimes get that one game I wanted to see most (and as a Verizon DSL customer I get ESPN360, too, and maybe some of those games on GamePlan will be there).

And with ESPNU now moved to the D* basic tier (i.e. not part of a premium sports package), there should be plenty of college football available without dropping a C-note on it.

Yeah - the only value in GP are the ABC regional games, and if you aren't stuck in a crappy area (like ACC territory), you should usually get a decent game in your area and the marquee Big Ten game on the reverse mirror (ESPN/2).

are you saying 100% HD or any gameplan HD? i don't see why they wouldn't offer HD for what they have available . . .

Any. They haven't done any yet in however many years and they haven't done it for ESPN Full Court either even though they've been available in HD in local areas.

#16 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,243 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:57 PM

I don't think that epsn can up link that many games in hd?

Will epsn U HD be the new espn1 / espn2 over flow channel?

#17 OFFLINE   RonH

RonH

Godfather

• Registered
  • 312 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 07:57 AM

I have had GP for the last few years mainly because I wanted as many SEC games that I could get. Now that ESPN has SEC rights there will probably be enough SEC games on the Reg. ESPN channels that I won't need GP.

#18 OFFLINE   Red Dog

Red Dog

Godfather

• Registered
  • 411 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:15 AM

The formerly 12:30 Raycom syndicated SEC game (now part of the ESPN syndicated package) will probably still be a part of Gameplan.

#19 OFFLINE   oklahoma258

oklahoma258

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 09:13 AM

Yeah, they will but if u dont live in the Southeast u are going to have to get gameplan to get those 12:30 sec raycom games

#20 OFFLINE   iceturkee

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,178 posts
  • Locationdaytona beach, fl

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:34 AM

our locals were able to show both the raycom acc and sec games of the week in hd last season. not the best hd available but hd none the less!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...