Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

networked bluray player issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   drew64

drew64

Legend

• Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:22 PM

Hope someone can help me here. Just got a LG BD390 bluray. Hooked it up and am having trouble getting it connected to the internet and my network. I am using the wireless setting because have no router near it. Have a Belkin N1 router. It sees my network and I enter my wep key. It then gives me option of dynamic or static IP. Now a while back a Verizon tech worked on an issue and gave me a static IP. I pulled that IP from my network setting page under tcp/ip settings.Also got the gateway and dns from that page. Enter the info into setup page and cant connect. I know it is not the player since i was able to connect to an unsecured network it picked up and downloaded the frimware update. Basically I need the IP, gateway and primary and secondary DNS . I tried using the same addresses from my direct tv dvr since that is networked but it failed and gave me an ip address conflict. Any help is appreciated.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:47 PM

You cant use the same IP address, but all the other info should be the same.

Let's say your D* receiver is 192.168.0.3

Try using another address close to this address you know is not in use, say 192.168.0.5, only change the last octet. Use the identical gateway, and dns settings from any of your other networked devices, they should all be the same.

#3 OFFLINE   drew64

drew64

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:37 PM

well made it a digit off from all my other laptops and the dvr and it worked. Still have an issue playing files using playon so may try the nero home media that came with bluray player. I like playon too but it wont play a lot of my files.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...