Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
Volume issue using RC24 remote
Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:03 PM
1. I think I need a remote code for Sony A/V receiver. Model # str-dh500. The remote model # is rc24. I can turn the receiver on/off, but volume will not work. It only goes up, not down.
2. The bigger issue is when I use the volume up/down on the D* remote the tv volume responds (panasonic TC-P50X1) and not the Sony a/v receiver.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:50 PM
30158 31058 31758 31759 31258 31858
31441 31658 31558 31349 31442
30689 30815 30220 30474
1. Turn on the component you wish to control (e.g. your
2. Locate the 5-digit code for your component. (See
“Setup Codes, Other Devices” starting on page 15.)
3. Slide the MODE switch to the AV1 (or AV2) position.
4. Press and hold the MUTE and SELECT keys at the same
time until the green light under AV1 (or AV2) flashes
twice, then release both keys.
5. Using the NUMBER keys, enter the 5-digit code for the
brand of component being set up. If performed
correctly, the green light under the selected position
6. Aim the remote at your component and press the PWR
key once. The component should turn off; if it does
not, repeat steps 3 and 4, trying each code for your
brand until you find the correct code.
Once the code is found, program Vol/Mute for all modes, by repeating step 4 and entering 993, then the select button.
Posted 06 July 2009 - 09:00 PM
Posted 07 July 2009 - 03:01 PM
Posted 10 July 2009 - 05:34 PM
It's a newer sony receiver btw.