Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Protection Plan Swap Out

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DFWHD

DFWHD

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 05:19 PM

Hey guys - I had the fan die on my last HR20-700 and D* swapped it out on the PP with a refurbed HR20-100. No issues with getting a refurb or a 100, but the outer case looks like it was spray painted with a cheap silver paint that in no way matches the front face plate. Never seen anything like it before. The unit functions fine and I mentioned it to the rep who activated it, but I'm wondering if I ever have any issues with this unit it D* is going to think I painted it myself.

Anyone else ever seen this with a refurb unit?
An HD Addict Since 2006 - Must Have More HD Nationals...

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 19,418 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 07 July 2009 - 05:43 PM

There have been a few reports of "blemished" receivers going out as both replacements, upgrades and even new installations.

http://www.dbstalk.c...304&postcount=1

http://www.dbstalk.c...179&postcount=8

#3 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 05:53 PM

It's actually the plastic front of the silver receivers that "ages" so that it doesn't match the metal case cover. But don't worry about DirecTV thinking you've done anything with that receiver; it's old enough that by the time you're done with it, they'll be ready to throw it out.

#4 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,378 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 07 July 2009 - 06:53 PM

It's actually the plastic front of the silver receivers that "ages" so that it doesn't match the metal case cover. But don't worry about DirecTV thinking you've done anything with that receiver; it's old enough that by the time you're done with it, they'll be ready to throw it out.

lol I love my HR20-100.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...