Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

msnbchd is on!!!

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Lostinspace

Lostinspace

AllStar

• Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 06:56 PM

Just because Faux news (or you) says something is a fact doesn't make it a fact. And that's a fact.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#22 OFFLINE   John W

John W

Icon

• Registered
  • 571 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:32 PM

Just because Faux news (or you) says something is a fact doesn't make it a fact. And that's a fact.

Sure was a lot simpler when all news came from the left, wasn't it?

#23 ONLINE   nmetro

nmetro

Godfather

• Registered
  • 698 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:44 PM

BBC World Service (Shortwave and the Internet), BBC News International (I wish DISH will add it); this is where you get your balance. Straight news without the political spin that is from a neutral source. As for the adding of MSNBC in HD, a nice to have for adding to the HD channel count. Now, if DISH would add BBC America HD and TCM HD; these would be great additions.

#24 OFFLINE   luth316

luth316

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:50 PM

Contessa Brewer in HD!!!!:):):):):) Wow! Doesn't get any better than that!

#25 OFFLINE   Nashcat

Nashcat

Legend

• Registered
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:19 PM

BBC World Service (Shortwave and the Internet), BBC News International (I wish DISH will add it); this is where you get your balance. Straight news without the political spin that is from a neutral source. As for the adding of MSNBC in HD, a nice to have for adding to the HD channel count. Now, if DISH would add BBC America HD and TCM HD; these would be great additions.

Balanced... Straight... Neutral... BBC???
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
PLEASE STOP!!! My sides are SPLITTING!!!!!!!!

#26 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,909 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:40 PM

Just a friendly reminder... This thread is the "MSNBCHD is now available" thread, not the what is the best news channel or discuss your political views thread.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#27 OFFLINE   Nashcat

Nashcat

Legend

• Registered
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:46 PM

Just a friendly reminder... This thread is the "MSNBCHD is now available" thread, not the what is the best news channel or discuss your political views thread.

Neither of which have I opined...

Can we discuss ratings... because this channel has practically none.

#28 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Know Nothing

• Registered
  • 5,718 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:17 AM

Sure was a lot simpler when all news came from the left, wasn't it?

News is best when it's fact based and not slanted.

I still don't see the point of news in HD. None of the field stories will be filmed in HD anyways. In fact, you're seeing much more cell phone or amatuer video in very low quality.
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#29 OFFLINE   moman19

moman19

Icon

• Registered
  • 710 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:43 AM

why dont u guys stick to discussing how its another new HD channel on Dish and keep your political views and opinions to yourself.

Gee, lighten up!
All I want is a Perfect DVR!

#30 OFFLINE   ZBoomer

ZBoomer

Icon

• Registered
  • 529 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:15 AM

I think it's cool; there are several peeps I like on MSNBC, and can't hurt to have it in HD. Looks great so far from my end...
Hopper 2000, 2x Joey 1.0 Dish Receivers, "America's Everything pack" with PlatHD
Pioneer Kuro PDP-6010FD 60" Plasma Display on Hopper (me), Samsung 40" LCD on Joey #1 (wife), Dell ST2410 HD Monitor on Joey #2 (office.)
Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K AVR Receiver, PS3, Klipsch Reference-Series Speakers

#31 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,909 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 09 July 2009 - 12:39 PM

Posted Image

Englewood, Colo. – July 9, 2009 DISH Network today introduced MSNBC HD, becoming the first and only pay-TV provider to offer the channel to consumers nationwide.

“As the leader in high definition programming with more than 140 national HD channels, we are pleased to be the only pay-TV provider to offer MSNBC HDnationwide,” said Dave Shull, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. “Nowhere else will consumers find the variety of HD programming and award-winning DVR technology at the low everyday prices that DISH Network offers.”
“MSNBC is in the best competitive place it’s ever been, beating CNN in primetime and continuing incredible growth,” said Phil Griffin, President, MSNBC. “Broadcasting in HD is only going to help us build on the great success we’ve had so far this year, and will give viewers what they’ve been asking for, a full high definition broadcast of MSNBC.”

DISH Network customers will now be able to watch MSNBC's popular primetime programming in full high definition, including the highly rated and critically acclaimed "Countdown with Keith Olbermann," "The Rachel Maddow Show," "Hardball with Chris Matthews," and the smartest morning show on television, "Morning Joe."

MSNBC HD is located on DISH Network Ch. 209 in Classic Silver 200 with HD and above, available to customers starting at $22.99 per month for the first six months, along with free installation, a free HD DVR and three months of free premium channels, including HBO and Showtime.

For more information about DISH Network, visit www.dishnetwork.com.

# # #

About DISH Network Corporation
DISH Network Corporation (Nasdaq: DISH), the nation’s HD leader, provides approximately 13.584 million satellite TV customers as of March 31, 2009 with the highest quality programming and technology at the best value, including the lowest all-digital price nationwide. Customers have access to hundreds of video and audio channels, the most HD channels, the most international channels, state-of-the-art interactive TV applications, and award-winning HD and DVR technology including 1080p Video on Demand and the DuoDVR ViP® 722 DVR, a CNET and PC Magazine “Editors’ Choice.” DISH Network is included in the Nasdaq-100 Index (NDX) and is a Fortune 250 company. Visit www.dishnetwork.com.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#32 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:12 PM

Oh goody! HD to watch somebody sitting at a desk reading.

Whippeee.

+1

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#33 OFFLINE   wolfjc

wolfjc

Legend

• Registered
  • 217 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:30 PM

I don't really see what HD would bring to TCM since all it shows are older movies
which are not HD. Some are silent to boot.

#34 OFFLINE   snowcat

snowcat

Legend

• Registered
  • 236 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:38 PM

I still don't see the point of news in HD. None of the field stories will be filmed in HD anyways. In fact, you're seeing much more cell phone or amatuer video in very low quality.

The point is that anything filmed in the studio can be in HD. Personally, I love my local news in HD, and it makes a difference (especially the weather).

#35 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:41 PM

You mean BBC WORLD. That's the official name.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#36 OFFLINE   Nashcat

Nashcat

Legend

• Registered
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:55 PM

Posted Image

Englewood, Colo. – July 9, 2009 DISH Network today introduced MSNBC HD, becoming the first and only pay-TV provider to offer the channel to consumers nationwide.

“As the leader in high definition programming with more than 140 national HD channels, we are pleased to be the only pay-TV provider to offer MSNBC HDnationwide,” said Dave Shull, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. “Nowhere else will consumers find the variety of HD programming and award-winning DVR technology at the low everyday prices that DISH Network offers.”
“MSNBC is in the best competitive place it’s ever been, beating CNN in primetime and continuing incredible growth,” said Phil Griffin, President, MSNBC. “Broadcasting in HD is only going to help us build on the great success we’ve had so far this year, and will give viewers what they’ve been asking for, a full high definition broadcast of MSNBC.”

DISH Network customers will now be able to watch MSNBC's popular primetime programming in full high definition, including the highly rated and critically acclaimed "Countdown with Keith Olbermann," "The Rachel Maddow Show," "Hardball with Chris Matthews," and the smartest morning show on television, "Morning Joe."

Absolutely and unequivocally WRONG. It's simply an outright lie. There are numerous sources of ratings information available to the public (here's but one). MSNBC in no way beats either of the other two mainstream cable news outlets at any time of the day or night. They actually have abysmal ratings 24 hours a day. Of CNN, FoxNews, and MSNBC, the latter barely musters half (if that) the viewers of whoever is in second place on any given day. Phil Griffin appears to be as dishonest as the network's reporting practices (just my opinion).

Sad that E* chose to run the quote in its press release.

You be the judge...

#37 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Know Nothing

• Registered
  • 5,718 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:32 PM

The point is that anything filmed in the studio can be in HD. Personally, I love my local news in HD, and it makes a difference (especially the weather).

All that's recorded in the studio is people talking. Why does it matter if it's HD or not? As for your weather, if you want that in HD, step outside and look up.

#38 OFFLINE   Nashcat

Nashcat

Legend

• Registered
  • 127 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:53 PM

All that's recorded in the studio is people talking. Why does it matter if it's HD or not? As for your weather, if you want that in HD, step outside and look up.

Nationally and increasingly locally, a lot more field reporting than you can apparently imagine is shot in HD. And if more and more of us each day have HD TVs, why NOT have it in HD? As for your remark on the weather... how incredibly thoughtless...

#39 OFFLINE   Mustang Dave

Mustang Dave

Legend

• Registered
  • 146 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:57 PM

Um duh, it looks better in HD. What aren't you understanding about that have you completely missed the boat on the benefits of HD all together?

Why don't you just post up what really irritates you about Dish releasing a channel in HD? I am sure there must be a real good reason.

#40 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Know Nothing

• Registered
  • 5,718 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:24 PM

Nationally and increasingly locally, a lot more field reporting than you can apparently imagine is shot in HD.

No, more and more is being shot on cell phones and web cams in very low quality by amatuers and being submitted by web form.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...