Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

msnbchd is on!!!

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 ONLINE   Nashcat

Nashcat

Legend

• Registered
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 03:08 PM

I live in Montana and have all HD stations available on DISH.....except MSNBC HD. After going through the overseas call center and talking with the next tier representative I was initially told MSNBC HD is NOT available on DISH. I read the nice lady the press release.....she went away for a bit.....then was told it would be available maybe in a week or so. I see the station listed at 9511 but get the "this is a subscription channel" red box. Once again, I subscribe to all HD stations. From the forum it appears the station is available. I've done the receiver reboot, etc. Any thoughts? Thanks.....

Try asking for Technical Support, if you haven't already. Normally you'll get someone Stateside that can be mutually understood. Goodluck.

Btw, if you've been reading this thread, you know I get it, and it's properly mapped to 209... :D

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#62 OFFLINE   moman19

moman19

Icon

• Registered
  • 710 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 04:22 PM

I live in Montana and have all HD stations available on DISH.....except MSNBC HD. After going through the overseas call center and talking with the next tier representative I was initially told MSNBC HD is NOT available on DISH. I read the nice lady the press release.....she went away for a bit.....then was told it would be available maybe in a week or so. I see the station listed at 9511 but get the "this is a subscription channel" red box. Once again, I subscribe to all HD stations. From the forum it appears the station is available. I've done the receiver reboot, etc. Any thoughts? Thanks.....

Sometimes this happens. I had it happen to me on both DVRs when BET, SPEED and a few other channels went HD. Log onto the Dish Network website and then Support. If you look around, you'll find a way to get to Customer Care via a Chat session. You'll most likely get a stateside agent who can easily fix the issue assuming you do, in fact, subscribe to a package that includes the channel. I would think that if you're already getting CNN and Fox News in HD that MSNBC would be in the same package.

Good luck.
All I want is a Perfect DVR!

#63 OFFLINE   lolo

lolo

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 04:39 PM

The key as recommended is to go directly to technical support. MSNBC HD was up and running in short order. Thanks!

#64 ONLINE   Nashcat

Nashcat

Legend

• Registered
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 04:43 PM

The key as recommended is to go directly to technical support. MSNBC HD was up and running in short order. Thanks!

Good deal. For some reason I had no probs this time, but the last time they lit up several new HD channels I had to go the same route.

#65 OFFLINE   JClore1950

JClore1950

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 04:14 PM

When is DirecTV going to add MSNBC in HD?!?!?!?!!?

#66 OFFLINE   marcmeister

marcmeister

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 07:10 PM

Sometimes this happens. I had it happen to me on both DVRs when BET, SPEED and a few other channels went HD. Log onto the Dish Network website and then Support. If you look around, you'll find a way to get to Customer Care via a Chat session. You'll most likely get a stateside agent who can easily fix the issue assuming you do, in fact, subscribe to a package that includes the channel. I would think that if you're already getting CNN and Fox News in HD that MSNBC would be in the same package.

Good luck.

Great tip to use the DISH chat. It was quick, professional, and they solved the problem for me. I had tried resetting, unplugging without success. DISH took care of sending a reauthorization from the chat session. Thanks.

#67 OFFLINE   moman19

moman19

Icon

• Registered
  • 710 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 08:32 PM

Great tip to use the DISH chat. It was quick, professional, and they solved the problem for me. I had tried resetting, unplugging without success. DISH took care of sending a reauthorization from the chat session. Thanks.

Yeah, they should push it more. It's often much better than music-on-hold and I don't sense a language barrier.
All I want is a Perfect DVR!

#68 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 19,419 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:18 AM

Probably early 2010.

#69 OFFLINE   emathis

emathis

Mentor/Supporter

• DBSTalk Club
  • 141 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 05:39 PM

I don't really see what HD would bring to TCM since all it shows are older movies
which are not HD. Some are silent to boot.

If you don't know why TCM-HD would be great, you ought to just disconnect your dish and go back to rabbit ears, you are wasting your money.

#70 OFFLINE   Lincoln6Echo

Lincoln6Echo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 348 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:59 PM

BBC World Service (Shortwave and the Internet), BBC News International (I wish DISH will add it); this is where you get your balance. Straight news without the political spin that is from a neutral source. As for the adding of MSNBC in HD, a nice to have for adding to the HD channel count. Now, if DISH would add BBC America HD and TCM HD; these would be great additions.

I fail to see how a government-run media outlet can keep the politics out of anything. Claiming that the BBC is unbiased is like saying PBS with Bill Moyers is unbiased.
END OF LINE

#71 OFFLINE   CoriBright

CoriBright

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:27 PM

When Dish's exclusivity clause expires!
Cari
www.coribright.com
www.juganet.com
www.jaredletochat.com
www.doausa.com

#72 OFFLINE   craigminah

craigminah

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 07:12 PM

I don't have MSNBC on TurboHD Silver (in California)...

#73 OFFLINE   Marriner

Marriner

Legend

• Registered
  • 224 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:12 PM

This all begs the question... If MSNBC is put up in HD and nobody is there to watch it, is it really being broadcast?
ViP722K with OTA tuner (Dual Mode SW L6.86), Western Digital 1 Tb USB hard drive, Sharp LC-52D64U HD TV, Sony V-333ES, Bose AM-10. ViP722K with OTA tuner (Dual Mode SW L6.86), Sling Adapter, Maxtor OneTouch 3 750 Gb hard drive,Vizio E422VA, Sharp 1-bit SD-HX500 surround.

#74 OFFLINE   EdN

EdN

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:16 AM

you may need to reset your rcv to get the channel...

Actually, doing a "Check Switch" takes care of the problem.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...