Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Slow Response?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dilchahtahai

dilchahtahai

Legend

• Registered
  • 179 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:05 PM

My DirectTV Received earlier in the week shut down and I restarted it. Ever since then, From moving channel 1 to channel 2, it takes exact 2 seconds. It was very quick earlier.

Also, Fonts have been changed.

Somehow, I am not liking this new change. It is kinda slow.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,566 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 08:11 PM

Try a red button restart.

What model is it? And what software version does it have?
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#3 OFFLINE   Tom Servo

Tom Servo

Icon

• Registered
  • 945 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:39 PM

Ahh, progress. ;)

#4 OFFLINE   dilchahtahai

dilchahtahai

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 10:58 AM

I tried the Red Button. No Change. I am surprised because before this Tuesday , It was quick. I wonder may be DirectTV Software Updated screwed up. But I am surprised why it is only me? It should be everywhere. Arent people observing this delay? May be People dont change channel as much as I do. But this is frustrating to wait for that 3 to 4 seconds to jump from one channel to other.

#5 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,865 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 11:04 AM

I think it would help to know what sort of receiver you have.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#6 OFFLINE   Rob77

Rob77

Godfather

• Registered
  • 255 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 11:09 AM

I tried the Red Button. No Change. I am surprised because before this Tuesday , It was quick. I wonder may be DirectTV Software Updated screwed up. But I am surprised why it is only me? It should be everywhere. Arent people observing this delay? May be People dont change channel as much as I do. But this is frustrating to wait for that 3 to 4 seconds to jump from one channel to other.

Yes, have been having this problem....and it started after the last update.
BTW - HR21-700

#7 OFFLINE   BuffaloDenny

BuffaloDenny

Icon

• Registered
  • 691 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 12:38 PM

My channel changes have always taken 5-6 seconds (when switching to different resolution). I believe this is mostly because I have native format turned on. I think it would be much quicker if I turned it off, but I prefer this setting.
HR20-100S/Seagate
H20-100
Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Plasma
Pioneer Elite AVR SC-05
Toshiba HD-A1 HD DVD
Sony PS3 Blu-Ray

#8 OFFLINE   cool09

cool09

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 12:50 PM

mine used to be very quick as you've explained.
but i saw last time software updated completed and after that on both of my tv it lags little bit than before while accessing channel guide and changing channels.
i've reset redbutton but same thing besides i saw fonts change and looks little different than before.
i've same hd reciever.
i felt after they've updated their software that's what i'm experiencing but i just ignore it and using it.
i don't think there's any fix.
thanks

#9 OFFLINE   dilchahtahai

dilchahtahai

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 12:58 PM

I have Native Thing Turn Off and Banner time is 2 seconds (instead of 4 second). but I wonder why it is slowing now , because just before Tuesday everything was just fine. I am sure, DirecTTV must have updated or released some patch and not tested in every receiver. I have HD Receiver. Model H21-200

#10 OFFLINE   dilchahtahai

dilchahtahai

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 01:00 PM

How can there be no fix, all they have to do is revert back their code...It has not improved any quality, FONTS have changed and they are the not better....Plus It takes frustrating time..I called up DirecTTV..and they said..since you have HD Receiver...It takes this much time..I said, F**** Y**...I had HD Receiver before Tuesday...Dont give lame excuses.

#11 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,566 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 01:59 PM

There may be more info in this forum.
http://www.dbstalk.c...isplay.php?f=78
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...