Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Jumpers?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Maleman

Maleman

Icon

• Registered
  • 859 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:39 PM

I have been bi-amping with my speakers thus I didn't need the jumpers. I want to go back to the noraml way with jumpers but have lost them.

Can "jumpers" be purchased?

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   BattleZone

BattleZone

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,969 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 04:08 PM

Most likely, you'd need to contact the amp manufacturer, as those "bridging jumpers" are probably custom, but you can also use a short length of speaker wire to do the same thing if necessary.

#3 OFFLINE   raoul5788

raoul5788

• Registered
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:22 PM

The bridgeable amps I have seen use rca type jacks. Why not use rca cables?

#4 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:23 PM

I believe he's referring to the jumpers on his speakers. Best thing you could do is contact your speaker manufacturer. But in a pinch there is no reason you couldnt make new custom jumpers out of thin metal plating. I'm a little surprised you wouldnt hang on to those, like keep them in your spare cable box or the one of the boxes that one of your HT components came in, in case you changed your mind which apparently happened.

#5 OFFLINE   Maleman

Maleman

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 859 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:27 PM

I believe he's referring to the jumpers on his speakers. Best thing you could do is contact your speaker manufacturer. But in a pinch there is no reason you couldnt make new custom jumpers out of thin metal plating. I'm a little surprised you wouldnt hang on to those, like keep them in your spare cable box or the one of the boxes that one of your HT components came in, in case you changed your mind which apparently happened.

Well I just moved and haven't found them. I have bi-amped them. ;) thus no need for the jumpers on the speakers. I will have to keep a lookout for them as I unpack.

#6 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:07 AM

What make/model and vintage of speakers are you using? Based on that info the manufacturer might be able to help.

#7 OFFLINE   Grentz

Grentz

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,916 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 03:57 PM

You should be able to just make a jumper out of a short bit of speaker wire. Nothing too special as long as it can handle the power being sent to the speaker.
-Grentz
Subscriber since Oct. 1996
HR21-700, HR22-100, H24-100 (SWM)
~Detailed Setup~

Directv Signal Strength Posting Tool - Excel Ver. Web Ver.

#8 OFFLINE   Richard King

Richard King

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 21,331 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 06:49 PM

You should be able to just make a jumper out of a short bit of speaker wire. Nothing too special as long as it can handle the power being sent to the speaker.

Bingo. Any short length of speaker cable should work just fine.
The Pump Don't Work 'cause the Vandals Took the Handles.

spam firewall