Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Who has had their big screen the longest

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   forklifter

forklifter

AllStar

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 17 August 2003 - 12:53 AM

Since I have had trouble right out of the box I am curious as to how the others here have got along with their Projecton TVs Such as how long they have had it Are they satasifed and how much work have they had to do

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mike123abc

Mike123abc

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 17 August 2003 - 08:41 AM

I have had a Mitsubitsi 50" projection screen for 14 years+ (bought January of 1989). It still works fine, but the newer ones have a *much* better picture. All I have had to do with it is open the back up and work on the convergence every couple of years (back then they did not have it done automatically or with the remote). For the first 11 years I used it all the time, but now it is a secondary TV as I use an HDTV for my primary. I will probably replace it one day with a large plasma/LCD when they finally get down to a resonable price (true HDTV under $4k).

Protected By... spam firewall...And...