Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Wanted - New Series

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,120 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:32 PM

The Wanted will premiere on NBC on Monday, 20 July at 10:00 PM. It showcases the efforts by intelligence experts and journalists to hunt down accused terrorists and war criminals. The first episode features the hunt for war criminals involved in the genocide in Rwanda.

One of the stars is a very dear friend of mine. He served over 20 years as an Army Ranger and Special Forces soldier. He was the reason I joined the Army and helped me all the way through the process of getting a ROTC scholarship. Please give the show a shot and see what you think. Here is the link of my hometown article on the show:
http://www.spokesman...-for-criminals/

I'm sure there are articles on TV and entertainment sites, I just haven't checked.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   davring

davring

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,378 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:36 PM

Looks very interesting, I will give it a look, thanks for the tip. Best of luck to your friend.
HR20-700(2.0TB)>Sony XBR-55HX929
HR20-700>Sony KDL40V2500
OTA RS outdoor ant
Hardwire networked to Cysco Router 6.0 AT&T DSL
MRV enabled
R15-500>Samsung LNT2342H
DirecTV customer since 1997

#3 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 3,120 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:45 PM

I found a clip of the series here:

http://www.nationalt...eres-next-week/

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#4 OFFLINE   IndyMichael

IndyMichael

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 917 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 18 July 2009 - 03:58 PM

If they'd have a sniper take out the morons at the end of each show, I'd watch.

#5 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,313 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 18 July 2009 - 05:57 PM

We don't usually watch reality/documentary shows on the networks. But since you recommended it, I added to my recording schedule.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#6 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 3,120 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 18 July 2009 - 06:03 PM

We don't usually watch reality/documentary shows on the networks. But since you recommended it, I added to my recording schedule.

Thanks Phrelin. I cannot vouch for it in any way. I just want to give it a chance and spead the word since Roger is very dear to me.

My Setup

#7 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,313 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:07 PM

The preview looks good. And it can't be all bad based on the controversy it has stirred such as in this Broadcasting & Cable article.

“They’re blurring a lot of lines,” says Kelly McBride, a faculty member and the ethics group leader at The Poynter Institute. “They’re clearly describing this as journalism as opposed to entertainment, and it’s coming out of the news division. But they are collaborating with organizations that have motives that are different than journalistic motives.”

...Tom Bivins, the John L. Hulteng Chair in Media Ethics at the University of Oregon’s School of Journalism, says the show legitimizes vigilantism and compromises the role of those in the media as impartial observers. “People who are in the news business have no business making the news,” Bivins says. “To me, this smacks of vigilantism.”

Neither Bivins nor McBride has seen the series.

Good grief! Does everyone just talk out their posterior?

What the show is focusing on according to this article deserves attention.

The faces of "The Wanted" include SU College of Law Professor of Practice David M. Crane L'80, a decorated former U.S. intelligence official and the first American to serve as chief prosecutor of an international war crimes tribunal since Justice Robert Jackson at Nuremberg; Roger Carstens, who is recognized as one of the world's pre-eminent authorities on counter-terrorism and counter-insurgency; former U.S. Navy Seal Scott Tyler, an expert in urban reconnaissance and unconventional warfare; and Emmy Award-winning investigative journalist Adam Ciralsky. Ciralsky also serves as co- executive producer of "The Wanted" with documentary filmmaker Charlie Ebersol.

"'The Wanted' is about seeking justice for the many victims of terrorism and atrocity around the world," Crane says. "It will start a national conversation, an important dialogue about war crimes, crimes against humanity, genocide and international terrorism, as well as the indifference and political cynicism that hamper international criminal law and the quest for justice. 'The Wanted' drives home the point that the rule of law is more powerful than the rule of the gun."

Adam Ciralsky already has one Emmy for a piece on NBC Nightly news. He has the credential's. See this NBC story on Hezbollah banks under attack in Lebanon as an example.

Your friend Roger seems to be in good company.

A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup

#8 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 3,120 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:13 PM

Yes he is, and from a purely selfish perspective, why didn't they credit him with being a former Green Beret like Scott was credited with being a former Seal?

My Setup

#9 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,313 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 07:17 PM

Yes he is, and from a purely selfish perspective, why didn't they credit him with being a former Green Beret like Scott was credited with being a former Seal?

He got more words being an "expert.";)

My AV Setup

#10 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,209 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:13 AM

Interesting show -- very immediate, very tense. It has the feel of a documentary, but I also found myself waiting for a sniper shot to the head, or a "This is not real" disclaimer.

4/5 - season recording set.

~ 12 Year Anniversary Month ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#11 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 3,120 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:26 PM

My receiver lost the signal at 43 minutes in. Did not come back until they were all sitting with the "Tango". I could not figure out how they got him to talk to them and why?

My Setup

#12 OFFLINE   LOCODUDE

LOCODUDE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,649 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:36 PM

Show conflicted with other SL, but will give it a look see....

Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it.

Confucius

#13 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 3,120 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:04 PM

In case anyone was still interested in this show - my friend Roger just told me that NBC is having a "crisis of conscience" in regards to airing the rest of the episodes. Hopefully I am not violating anything confidential, but he did not say it was confidential. He said they are looking at Fox. He promised to keep me updated.

My Setup

#14 OFFLINE   LOCODUDE

LOCODUDE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,649 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 12 August 2009 - 05:50 PM

Thanks for the update....

Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it.

Confucius

spam firewall