Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

It Might Get Loud

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 10:40 AM

Music. Real music.

Three generations of innovation and genius in one room... with instruments.

http://www.sonyclass...itmightgetloud/

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   NOLANSKI

NOLANSKI

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 19 July 2009 - 12:15 PM

Whoa...that looks pretty good.:hurah:

#3 OFFLINE   Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 10:31 AM

I'm finally going to get a chance to see this tomorrow night!
It's a 2.5 hours drive, but I'm hoping it will be worth it.
Check the site for locations near you.
Team Mexico Pork Cloud

#4 OFFLINE   Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 08:57 AM

Seeing this in a historic theater like Naro Expanded Theater in Norfolk was a great experience.
Our balcony seats were dead center screen and the view was unobstructed.
The sound system my not be as state of the art as some of the new super mega complexes, but it was more than adequate.

A beautifully crafted movie.
The film explores each of the three artists' backgrounds and playing styles.
A perfect balance of conversation and music, never once leaving us bored or wanting.

This movie should be mandatory viewing for any student of guitar or music history.

Two points I found most interesting:

1. How both The Edge and Jack White seemed to be infatuated with the fact that they were watching Jimmy Page work his magic at merely an arm's length away. That has to be something that any guitarist would find to be a near religious experience. No way to hide that kind of awe on your face, no matter how good of a poker player you are.

2. When the three play together, playing the same song at the same time (a Zeppelin classic of course), it's like hearing three well-known voices singing at once. While they're all in perfect harmony, each voice is clearly distinguishable from within that harmony. It's quite a fascinating thing to watch.

ANYONE who likes music, music history, guitar, or just a fan of rock and roll must see this film.

As soon as it's out on blu-ray, it's mine.... maybe even before ;)
And I typically don't own movies.
Team Mexico Pork Cloud

spam firewall