Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

SWM LNB installation problems

swm

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mhammett

mhammett

AllStar

• Registered
  • 99 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:40 PM

I'm trying to setup a SWM LNB. I have purchased an ASL-1 and am trying to align, but my AcuTrac 3 rental isn't seeing anything (it worked on my AT-9). I noticed that the power inserter's LED was flashing. I tracked it down to being when the ASL-1 is plugged in, it flashes.

Ideas? Solid Signal tech support is gone for the night.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mertzen

Mertzen

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:44 PM

Do you still have the regular LNB. Align with that if you do then swap in the regular LNB.

If not make sure all power passing ports are in the right spot and no IRDs are connected.

#3 OFFLINE   mhammett

mhammett

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 99 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:48 PM

Do you still have the regular LNB. Align with that if you do then swap in the regular LNB.

If not make sure all power passing ports are in the right spot and no IRDs are connected.

I don't have a regular LNB, only my AT-9, which has different mounts. This is installing a dish on another building on the property.

No IRDs are plugged in... there's not even any in that building yet.

When plugged directly into the dish, the LED is on constantly. When I plug in the ASL, the LED is mostly off, but flashes every few seconds. The LNB is plugged into the top port of the ASL and the power is in the second from the left.

#4 OFFLINE   mhammett

mhammett

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 99 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:50 PM

I tried a different power inserter with the same results...

#5 OFFLINE   Lancelink

Lancelink

AllStar

• Registered
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:40 AM

It sounds like you are running the voltage from your PI right into your (rented) meter.

If you do a search for 'SWM LNB' on the Solidsignal website you will find a couple very helpful videos.

Good luck!

Edited by Lancelink, 21 July 2009 - 01:55 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   mhammett

mhammett

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 99 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:32 PM

I RMA'ed the ASL-1 through Solid Signal and received one that works this time. I'm able to see signals now, but they're significantly lower than the AT-9 I tuned on the other side of the driveway.

I'm using an AcuTrac 3 with the ASL-1 on a SWM LNB (without the ASL on my AT-9). On the AT-9, I had a Ku signal in the 80s, though I forget the Ka signals. On the SWM, I get a Ku signal in the 40s. I peaked them, but I fear plugging in a receiver to check if I'm on the right dishes because they say I can't align the LNB again after plugging in a receiver.

#7 OFFLINE   houskamp

houskamp

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,636 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:35 PM

Many (including me) have aligned their dishes with just the reciever..

AKA: SMOKE
MRV was all that's left on my wishlist (wishlist done) :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: swm

spam firewall