Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

S.E.C. Football Games this year 2009

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Lee L

Lee L

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:38 AM

Yep, Raycom is out. I thought maybe they were involved in the ESPN regional TV thing, but they have nothing to do with it. It is just that many of the same affiliates that used to be Raycom Affiliates are now going with the ESPN RT broadcast.

Now, I only have to do with crappy Raycom for ACC football now. They have been showing some HD though last year.

DirecTV, please don't make me have to go back to watching March Madness in standard Def! Oh, and the usual begging for AMC and BBC America. You are so close to actually being the HD Leader.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Milkman

Milkman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:10 AM

It is just that many of the same affiliates that used to be Raycom Affiliates are now going with the ESPN RT broadcast.

THAT SUCKS!!!

That means instead of watching the SD Raycom on my local affiliate, now I will have to watch the SD EPSN RT broadcast on my local affiliate???

I hope to god not. If so, I need to figure out who to write to, so that they dump my local affiliate and pick another.

Gator fan for LIFE!!!!
My current setup can be found here!

#23 OFFLINE   Lee L

Lee L

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:37 PM

Have you checked your area's affilitate? Here is hte list that was posted above in this thread. http://www.secsports...hange_well_id=2

DirecTV, please don't make me have to go back to watching March Madness in standard Def! Oh, and the usual begging for AMC and BBC America. You are so close to actually being the HD Leader.

#24 OFFLINE   Milkman

Milkman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:09 PM

SIGH....

They are there unfortunately....

Tampa-St. Pete, Sarasota WTTA MNT

SD ONLY on DirecTV... :(

Who should I write to, the SEC??? I can get others to write a letter too.

Gator fan for LIFE!!!!

#25 OFFLINE   Milkman

Milkman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:10 PM

I just read this, and I guess I am screwed:

"The markets that will air the package represent more than 54 million television households, or 47 percent of the U.S. Before the first football game this season, as clearance work continues, the coverage area will be larger still. The 15-year agreement between ESPN and the SEC begins with the 2009-10 season and continues through 2023-24."

Gator fan for LIFE!!!!

#26 OFFLINE   Lee L

Lee L

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:27 AM

Well, I imagine that the local affiliates do not have 15 year agreements with ESPN SN. Plus DirecTV may bring them in HD eventually. You could also try an antenna setup.

#27 OFFLINE   Milkman

Milkman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:57 PM

You could also try an antenna setup.

Not an option unfortunately.

Edited by Milkman, 31 July 2009 - 04:40 PM.

Gator fan for LIFE!!!!

#28 OFFLINE   SamC

SamC

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 05:27 AM

As to HD, the SEC Network station in my area has always been the best run station in the area. First will all new technologies back as long as I can remember. It is NBC.

And it carries all material other than NBC in SD. SEC games, Jeopardy, WOF, Oprah, etc. All are feed in HD, all are broadcast in SD.

The station said that it has one HD receive system, which NBC provided and which NBC requires be locked on NBC. It would have to buy another HD system to provide syndicated material in HD. That is, according to the station, several years away. The other stations in this market are certainly years behind that. No local station has ever shown anything in HD not from its network.

#29 OFFLINE   Milkman

Milkman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 06:50 AM

My local station is run by Sinclair Broadcast Group. I wrote to them asking if there were any plans to go HD over D*... Not even the courtesy of a response.

Gator fan for LIFE!!!!

#30 OFFLINE   SamC

SamC

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 07:09 AM

My local station is run by Sinclair Broadcast Group. I wrote to them asking if there were any plans to go HD over D*... Not even the courtesy of a response.

Sinclair illegally owns two stations in my area (ABC and Fox). It is the worst ownership group in broadcasting. Arrogant, unresponsive, rude, and greedy.

The sad thing is that if I started my own 4 watt radio station the FCC would have me slammed to the pavement and in jail within a week, but Sinclair has been in open violation of the law in two dozen markets for 15 years, and they do nothing about it.

#31 OFFLINE   kevinwmsn

kevinwmsn

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 06:24 PM

last year I watched my local Raycomm channel on OTA in High Def. I was just glad the game was in HD, not some crappy SD lite from the beginning of time.
my setup here

#32 OFFLINE   ARKDTVfan

ARKDTVfan

Icon

• Registered
  • 580 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:08 PM

I just flipped ahead on my Directv On screen guide to Sept 5 and a couple things showed up

1. the SEC game on FSN South, Sun Sports and FSN SW have HD logos :D
2. the SEC on CSS game is on ch 630 Comcast SportsNet New England HD no HD logo but in the schedule, hopefully games won't be blacked out on that channel here
3. no HD logo on the early regional game but didn't have one last year even though they were in HD

#33 OFFLINE   bigzeto

bigzeto

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:51 AM

I just flipped ahead on my Directv On screen guide to Sept 5 and a couple things showed up

1. the SEC game on FSN South, Sun Sports and FSN SW have HD logos :D
2. the SEC on CSS game is on ch 630 Comcast SportsNet New England HD no HD logo but in the schedule, hopefully games won't be blacked out on that channel here
3. no HD logo on the early regional game but didn't have one last year even though they were in HD

Nice. Thanks

#34 OFFLINE   ARKDTVfan

ARKDTVfan

Icon

• Registered
  • 580 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 12:45 PM

some thoughts on yesterday's coverage
I was at the Hogs game vs Missouri St so I didn't get a chance to watch much of the other SEC games
but the HD quality of the SEC Network game was outstanding
Directv needs to add ESPNU NOW!!! SD is bad enough but the U's PQ is terrible!!!!!!!!!

#35 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 04:43 PM

some thoughts on yesterday's coverage
I was at the Hogs game vs Missouri St so I didn't get a chance to watch much of the other SEC games
but the HD quality of the SEC Network game was outstanding
Directv needs to add ESPNU NOW!!! SD is bad enough but the U's PQ is terrible!!!!!!!!!

AGREED! We should have had ESPNU in HD on DirecTv LAST year. Come On DirecTv get with the show. They also need to move ESPNU's Channel down to where the ESPN Channels are around Channel 210 or 211 where the other ESPN Channels reside.

spam firewall