Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Burn Notice-?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt...&a

• Registered
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:21 PM

I'm watching last nights(7/23) Burn Notice. Since when did a night club go in next to Michael Weston's warehouse place? I watch all episodes, past and present. Did I miss something?
Thanks to Google search, people can appear to be smarter than they really are.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,876 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:53 PM

I'm watching last nights(7/23) Burn Notice. Since when did a night club go in next to Michael Weston's warehouse place? I watch all episodes, past and present. Did I miss something?

The night club is below his loft, always has been. We saw it in Episode 1 or 2 from Season 1 where he rented the loft from the night club owner.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#3 OFFLINE   Charise

Charise

AllStar/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 885 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 02:09 PM

The night club is below his loft, always has been. We saw it in Episode 1 or 2 from Season 1 where he rented the loft from the night club owner.

He talked about the noise from the night club with his landlord/the night club owner too.

#4 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationColbert, WA

Posted 24 July 2009 - 02:46 PM

But he's right, I have never heard it referenced again. Did not even remember it existed. All those times he was shot at or the explosion there, etc. No mention.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#5 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,479 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 24 July 2009 - 03:28 PM

But he's right, I have never heard it referenced again. Did not even remember it existed. All those times he was shot at or the explosion there, etc. No mention.

Yeah, I've wondered about that. Several times at night he has walked by people related to the club, so the continuity person tries. But you'd think he'd get a whole lot more attention when stuff happens.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#6 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,876 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 03:34 PM

Sometimes it's hard to reference something that can't actually be there.

I actually used to live in the area where his loft is located in Miami, just up the street maybe half a mile at most, and I can tell you there are no clubs in that area. Nothing but boat docks and warehouses. The waterway you see when the show a wide shot of his loft is the Miami River. I lived at the Miami River Yacht Club just east of there.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#7 OFFLINE   Richard King

Richard King

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 21,331 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 03:55 PM

The club has been in a couple of the episodes that I recall. Speaking of Burn Notice last night, I don't recall the obvious product placement before. Three times through the show MGD64 was mentioned or shown, then they ran an ad for it. I didn't mind as it sort of fit the plot, but thought it was interesting to see.
The Pump Don't Work 'cause the Vandals Took the Handles.

#8 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,479 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 24 July 2009 - 04:21 PM

And there's the whole yogurt thing - Brenner's Yogurt. The "Anyone ever heard of Brenner's Yogurt?" question is all over the internet.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#9 OFFLINE   bonscott87

bonscott87

Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

• Registered
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 06:43 PM

When there are scenes in the evening/at night you often hear the booming of the club and the lights flashing out the windows. And he's walking thru the line to get to the gate. So it's still there in the background.

#10 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt...&a

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 07:08 PM

Well, I thought I have seen every episode but I guess that either I missed the ones the bar was mentioned in or I was just not paying attention (very likely).:o
Thanks, all.
Thanks to Google search, people can appear to be smarter than they really are.

#11 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,265 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:16 PM

Yup, whenever there is a night scene outside his loft, you see the people lined up for the club. As for all his unlucky times (shot at, blown up), those have all occurred during the day so the club would not be open then.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#12 OFFLINE   Rootgersal

Rootgersal

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:34 PM

And there's the whole yogurt thing - Brenner's Yogurt. The "Anyone ever heard of Brenner's Yogurt?" question is all over the internet.

My guess would be that Brenner is the last name of the prop master's girlfriend or something like that.

What is really odd is that in S1 E9 of the Mentalist ("Flame Red") in the scene where Jane is speaking with the daughter of the victim in the kitchen there is a box of "Brenner's Corn Flakes" on the table.

Burn Notice is on USA, which is owned by NBC. The Mentalist is on CBS. Is this an industry thing like phone numbers with 555 area codes, homage to Burn Notice or just random?

#13 OFFLINE   Rootgersal

Rootgersal

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:35 PM

As to the night club thing, yes there are often lines out front that he walks by. Plus, his apartment (or maybe another room attached to it) is filled with night club props and equipment.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...