Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Esata 1tb ehd that work?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   vikefan

vikefan

Legend

• Registered
  • 160 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:09 AM

I want to know names of external hard drives 1tb that work with hr21-100. list of names and model # only. I searched other threads and it goes off on alot of debating. Thanks to those who respond.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Sixto

Sixto

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,183 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 09:27 AM

I continue to always try to stay current with a personal favorite. It was the 750GB Seagate DB35. It changed to the 1TB Western Digital WD10EVCS. The WD10EVCS is an awesome drive in an Antec MX-1 enclosure. The WD10EVCS is now hard to find as they transition to the newer WD10EVDS. The older WD10EVVS seems to be more readily available. The EVVS is 8MB cache, the EVCS is 16MB, and the newest EVDS is 32MB. Supposedly the cache size should not affect DVR performance.

I love the WD10EVCS drive in the MX-1 enclosure. There are also larger equivalent WDC drives, and the Seagate Pipeline drives are good.
DirecTV: Genie HR44, H25, CCK, GenioGo, SWiM-16 & SWiM-8, DECA to Gigabit Switch with FiOS (75/75)
FiOS: Roamio Pro's (2), Roamio Plus, Mini's (4) with Ultimate HD (My Roamio Thoughts)

#3 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,929 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 25 July 2009 - 10:43 AM

I want to know names of external hard drives 1tb that work with hr21-100. list of names and model # only. I searched other threads and it goes off on alot of debating. Thanks to those who respond.

Check the thread up a the top of this forum:

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=160800

DIRECTV has 2 different 1TB eSATA systems that they recommend.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#4 OFFLINE   vikefan

vikefan

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 160 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:27 PM

do you know if this one will work?

Fantom Drives GD1000EU 1TB USB 2.0 / eSATA Silver GreenDrive External Hard Drive

#5 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,929 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 25 July 2009 - 01:17 PM

do you know if this one will work?

Fantom Drives GD1000EU 1TB USB 2.0 / eSATA Silver GreenDrive External Hard Drive

I know it's not recommended by DIRECTV .. DIRECTV's drive choices are not random from my understanding. YMMV with other choices.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#6 OFFLINE   vikefan

vikefan

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 160 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 05:11 PM

thanks

Protected By... spam firewall...And...