Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Babylon 5

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   dreadlk

dreadlk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 06:37 PM

Lets hope :)
What I really wish would come Back is Terminator SCC. If V and Defying Gravity are succesful, maybe FOX will want to have a Scifi show to put up against them! But hey it's FOX so I know thats never going to happen.

I wouldn't dismiss it so quickly -- this time around it has a much more impressive cast than last time AFAIC.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#52 OFFLINE   LOCODUDE

LOCODUDE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,664 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 09 August 2009 - 07:16 PM

Here's another hope for that thought...... :)

“The cave you fear to enter, holds the treasure you seek.” 
― 
Joseph Campbell

#53 OFFLINE   V'ger

V'ger

Icon

• Registered
  • 550 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:42 PM

That's the only SD DVD I've bought since I got into Blu-ray. He had plans for more direct to DVD, but I guess it depended on how well the first one went. Not really sure if it did very well or not.

I bought it when it first came out. It definitely felt like B5, but the limited number of characters did make the place seem 'smaller'.

#54 OFFLINE   V'ger

V'ger

Icon

• Registered
  • 550 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 06:11 PM

From what I have heard, JM made a whole lot of enemies, he is literally black listed with the Hollywood crowd. I heard that they even destroyed all the B5 props costumes and sets even though he wanted to buy and save them.

That might be revisionist history on JMS wanting to buy everything. He wrote nearly every episode after the first season. He was reported working 20 hours per day. When he finished the series, he had used up all the ideas in his story arc.

When the fifth season was over, they wasted no time destroying sets. The series was filmed at a former warehouse in Sun Valley CA which was owned by the production company. I seriously doubt Warner Brothers owned the props or sets. Certainly they didn't have possession of them. It is my opinion they were destroyed to prevent Warner Bros from recreating the series without JMS' control. They also needed room in the studio for the Crusade sets.

The CGI models were in JMS's possession and he stated several years later that the hard drives that the CGI models were on were no longer in existance (with implication again to prevent an easy series return). Blowing up B5 in Sleeping in Light was an intentional attempt to prevent a series resurrection.

Now there might have been bridges burned, but there was a greenlight for preproduction on a theatrical B5 movie, surviving the death of Richard Biggs and then ended with the loss of Andreas Katsulas.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...