Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Free Platinum HD?

• Please log in to reply
277 replies to this topic

#261 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:48 AM

So how does this work if you are only getting the HD channels?

I guess I should clarify that I have Dish America and the platinum HD add on right now.

You will still pay the $10 extra. If you ever remove Platinum HD, you lose it for as long as you're on the DishAmerica packages. DiahAmerica cannot have Platinum HD unless you had it before.

FYI, if you went to a Top ### package and a metal HD + Platinum, then go back to DishAmerica, you'd not get Platinum back.
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#262 OFFLINE   Rick Garrison

Rick Garrison

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:34 AM

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me a moment to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
DISH: Your patience is greatly appreciated.
DISH: I will be happy to assist you with that, Richard.
DISH: Could you please verify the zip code on the account, and one of your receiver numbers?
DISH: You can find the Receiver Number on the System Info screen by pressing the “Menu” button on the Dish Remote Twice.
DISH: It starts with ROO.
ME: 4#### R#####27966
DISH: Thank you for the information.
DISH: Yes. I see that you have two HD packages on the account Gold HD and Platinum HD packages.
DISH: Gold HD package is $10.00 per month and Platinum HD package is also $10.00 per month.
DISH: You have had both the HD packages from the beginning.
ME: Yes, but I have the America Everything pack and the HD is supposed to be an additional $10, not $20.
DISH: I am sorry. You will get only 1 HD package for $10.00 per month.
ME: Which one? Platinum isn't even available any more...
DISH: You will be charged additional $10.00 per month for Platinum as you are charged now.
ME: Are you saying that the ONLY way to get ALL HD channels to to continue with both Gold and Platinum.
DISH: Yes. Both the packages include different HD channels.
ME: This is not the understanding I get from the DBSTALK board.
ME: Are you saying they are wrong?
DISH: May I know what did they informed you?
ME: That Platinum is avilable for any other pack except the Everything pack. You can also see the page dishnetwork.com/packages/eco_detail.aspx?pack=AEP and note there is NO mention of Platinum, just $10 extra for over 120HD channels.
DISH: Since you have been a wonderful customer with us I will go ahead and provide you with Platinum HD package free with your Gold HD package.
ME: Thank you. I think you would have to admit that DISH's programming is confusing at best...
DISH: You're very welcome.
DISH: I am sorry for any confusion.
DISH: I will also provide you with 3 free PPV movie coupons.
DISH: You will receive them in your e-mail in 5 minutes.
ME: Thank You... Just glad we came to an understanding...
DISH: Your new monthly bill is $###.## plus taxes.
ME: OK
DISH: You are all set. Have I handled everything to your satisfaction?
ME: Yes, thanks.
DISH: I'm glad we were able to take care of that for you. Thank you for being a DISH Network customer, have a great day.
Thank you for visiting Dish Network. You may now close this window.

#263 OFFLINE   l8er

l8er

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 624 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:53 AM

You'd think that nearly 9 months after they made the change, it would be clear to all CSRs that Platinum HD should be at no charge for new or existing customers. :rolleyes:
-GA

#264 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,072 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:08 PM

You'd think that nearly 9 months after they made the change, it would be clear to all CSRs that Platinum HD should be at no charge for new or existing customers. :rolleyes:

I don't people in India get Dishnetwork.:eek2:

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#265 OFFLINE   rudecuple

rudecuple

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:16 PM

I was also charged the $10 for both the Gold and Platinum HD. The customer service reps were no help getting me credit to my account for the over payment since August. After they took the Platinum off the account, I emailed ceo@dishnetwork.com. Within a day they had credited me $80 for the previous 8 months. I have been with Dish for 12 years, don't know if this made a difference.

#266 OFFLINE   faithhevans

faithhevans

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:23 AM

I called a couple of weeks ago and complained that I was paying $10 a month while other subscribers were receiving Platinum for free. The CSR credited my account for this month and then took off the fee permanently. What can I say - 10 bucks is 10 bucks

#267 OFFLINE   kcolg30

kcolg30

Godfather

• Registered
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:14 AM

So am I getting the shaft since DISH is billing me $10 a month for platinum?? I have the America Everything pack.

Edited by kcolg30, 19 May 2010 - 08:24 AM.

#268 OFFLINE   Dicx

Dicx

AllStar

• Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:56 AM

Just got the Platinum HD free through chat. Good customer, loyal, same stuff others are seeing.

#269 OFFLINE   domingos35

domingos35

Icon

• Registered
  • 536 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 01:27 PM

i just looked at my bill and it says HD & PLATINUM $10
Am i getting chaged the right amount?

thanks

#270 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:00 PM

i just looked at my bill and it says HD & PLATINUM $10
Am i getting chaged the right amount?

thanks

Yes thats the right price. Wrong price would be HD $10 and Platinum $10

#271 OFFLINE   domingos35

domingos35

Icon

• Registered
  • 536 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:08 PM

Yes thats the right price. Wrong price would be HD $10 and Platinum $10

#272 OFFLINE   kcolg30

kcolg30

Godfather

• Registered
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:12 PM

So what is the difference between HD and HD Platinum?

#273 OFFLINE   domingos35

domingos35

Icon

• Registered
  • 536 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:40 PM

good question:confused:

#274 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,222 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:28 PM

Yes.

HD is the Bronze HD/Silver HD/Gold HD that is mostly HD versions of SD channels (with HDNet, HD Theater and Paladia also included).

Platinum HD is the extra channels ... now 14 of them ... that are not available in SD.

As of last August subscribers could choose "HD & Platinum HD" for $10 instead of the separate Bronze/Silver/Gold plus Platinum packages. HD versions of all the SD channels one subscribes to plus the extra (now 14) channels.

#275 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:29 PM

good question:confused:

Depending on how long you have been around, Dish has gone through different naming systems(why I don't know). Dish had the America's Top xxx packages in the past, changed the package names, to Bronze, Silver and Gold, and now Have changed them back to America's Top xxx Packages(Metal colors never did make much sense). Gold package is now America's Top 250.
You paid $10 for the HD versions of the SD channels in your package, and paid $10 more for Platinum which were channels that didn't have a SD counterpart. Last August, they combined them so if you had Gold, Silver and Bronze+(I believe on the Bronze level) you could get your HD level and Platinum channels for $10 instead of $10 each.

Platinum channels in the 361 and up to 394 currently, and you wont find the Platinum channels in the 9xxx area as, 361-394 are there original mappings.
94xx channels are the orignal mappings for the HD channels, but you can use a feature to map them down to their SD counterparts, or map them down and block out the SD counterpart so you only see 1 channel.

I personally map down, and then lock out the SD channel. ie, ESPN, channel 140 is mapped down from 9424, but instead of seeing a HD and a SD version of 140, I lock out the SD version of 140. Its easy to do as the HD is labled HD. I don't see a reason to learn a new channel number, when I am already used to it. I hardly ever use the 94xx channels at all, using the map downs also make it real easy to spot a new HD channel, as Dish doen't always announce new Channels, and when you see two channel 135's you know Dish has added new channels.

#276 OFFLINE   kcolg30

kcolg30

Godfather

• Registered
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 06:55 PM

Depending on how long you have been around, Dish has gone through different naming systems(why I don't know). Dish had the America's Top xxx packages in the past, changed the package names, to Bronze, Silver and Gold, and now Have changed them back to America's Top xxx Packages(Metal colors never did make much sense). Gold package is now America's Top 250.
You paid $10 for the HD versions of the SD channels in your package, and paid $10 more for Platinum which were channels that didn't have a SD counterpart. Last August, they combined them so if you had Gold, Silver and Bronze+(I believe on the Bronze level) you could get your HD level and Platinum channels for $10 instead of $10 each.

Platinum channels in the 361 and up to 394 currently, and you wont find the Platinum channels in the 9xxx area as, 361-394 are there original mappings.
94xx channels are the orignal mappings for the HD channels, but you can use a feature to map them down to their SD counterparts, or map them down and block out the SD counterpart so you only see 1 channel.

I personally map down, and then lock out the SD channel. ie, ESPN, channel 140 is mapped down from 9424, but instead of seeing a HD and a SD version of 140, I lock out the SD version of 140. Its easy to do as the HD is labled HD. I don't see a reason to learn a new channel number, when I am already used to it. I hardly ever use the 94xx channels at all, using the map downs also make it real easy to spot a new HD channel, as Dish doen't always announce new Channels, and when you see two channel 135's you know Dish has added new channels.

So if I have the "Everything pack" and sub to the "Plat HD", do I have all the HD channels or do I need to add another package.

#277 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:11 PM

Sounds like you should have everything then. Do you have channels 111, 149, and 380 in HD?
If so you are all set.

#278 OFFLINE   kcolg30

kcolg30

Godfather

• Registered
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:57 PM

Sounds like you should have everything then. Do you have channels 111, 149, and 380 in HD?
If so you are all set.

Yes Sir..:)

spam firewall