Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New Customer Promotions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,822 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 19 August 2003 - 10:19 PM

Besides the NFL Sunday Ticket promotion, anyone aware of any other new customer deals that DirecTV will offer? The plan is Total Choice +, and I have no need for football... or sports...
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   bills976

bills976

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 506 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 10:34 PM

The Sunday Ticket promo is the best they've offered this year, even for non-football fans.

You get four free months of TC premier when you sign onto the promotion. You can drop to TC+ after the four months.

You make four monthly payments of $59 and change for NFL sunday ticket

You don't pay the TiVo fee because you have Premier for free

You'll pay the mirroring fee.

My bill right now for TC+ w/locals, TiVo fee, and one mirror is $50.19 with tax. Under this promo, I could get TC premier, NFL ticket, locals, no TiVo fee, and one mirror for $64 +tax. For all the programming you get, that fifteen bucks is well worth it.

Worst case scenario you can charge your friends admission to your house for the games on Sunday and make a profit!

#3 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 9,822 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 19 August 2003 - 10:55 PM

Slight problem....

NFL Sunday Ticket does me no good when I'm at work 9 AM-6 PM PT. And, since I will have two additional receivers, it would an additiona $10, so it's $69 during the promotion.

TC+, PVR, and 2 receivers will cost me $54 per month.
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera

#4 OFFLINE   Timco

Timco

Woof!

• Gold Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 10:11 AM

Unfortunately that is the only deal out there right now. I tried to work a deal with the CSR when I hooked up and had no luck. :(

#5 OFFLINE   belsokar

belsokar

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 12:52 PM

I saw mention of a go to directv HD deal, that involved an hd receiver, tivo pvr, and what have you for a reasonable fee....any idea on if this is areal or not, and where to find it?

#6 OFFLINE   pez2002

pez2002

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 02:36 PM

i should have watied to Get Directv :(

What a deal that is TCP+ Nfl Sunday ticket

Cant beat it
Mike
http://www.myspace.com/wnnnnnnnbc

xm sub as of/12/31/05

howard stern on xm channels 100-101 :)

#7 OFFLINE   ride525

ride525

Legend

• Registered
  • 164 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 03:32 PM

Besides the NFL Sunday Ticket promotion, anyone aware of any other new customer deals that DirecTV will offer? The plan is Total Choice +, and I have no need for football... or sports...

I heard if YOU ASK about getting two free months Total Choice Plus and Locals (regular $39.99) that is another option, if you request it. Try it and let us know.
DISH HD is WOW !!!

#8 OFFLINE   SD493

SD493

Legend

• Registered
  • 116 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 05:28 PM

I heard if YOU ASK about getting two free months Total Choice Plus and Locals (regular $39.99) that is another option, if you request it. Try it and let us know.

I just activated and got Total Choice + Starz free for two months
and the HD package free for the first month. I also subscribe to HBO and Starz so my bill for the first two months will be around $40 dollars.

#9 OFFLINE   pez2002

pez2002

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 05:34 PM

Congrats do you now feel the joy :)
Mike
http://www.myspace.com/wnnnnnnnbc

xm sub as of/12/31/05

howard stern on xm channels 100-101 :)

#10 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,723 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 06:09 PM

Congrats do you now feel the joy :)

Hmmmmm watching Tanya Memme Vs. watching Charlie Ergan....I think dudes answer is or should be a resounding....YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS... :D
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#11 Guest_T Memme_*

Guest_T Memme_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2003 - 03:38 PM

Answer should be Noooooooooooo Way! But go ahead and stand in line......

#12 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 9,822 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 27 August 2003 - 04:40 PM

I went with the Sunday Ticket promo. Oh well, it'll be the same price as my current Dish subscription for four months (until December 25th!), and I'm sure that TiVo will be finding plenty of movies that I won't be watching. After the season is over, I'm making sure that the contract isn't renewed for NFL Sunday ticket.

And, no, my thumb is not feeling the joy after going through the entire list and deselecting all the "Channels I (Don't) Receive" on the HDVR2.

spam firewall