Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Next Food Network Star chosen

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:31 PM

Anybody watch the finale Sunday night? They had two pretty strong finalists. I was sorta rooting for the person that finally won, but I thought the person who lost actually had a more interesting concept for a new show.
.......... There are none so blind as those who can not see it in HD.
.......... Directv customer since January 2000.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   scooper

scooper

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,830 posts
  • LocationYoungsville NC

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:39 PM

Anybody watch the finale Sunday night? They had two pretty strong finalists. I was sorta rooting for the person that finally won, but I thought the person who lost actually had a more interesting concept for a new show.

Wouldn't be surprised if they give him one also.

I wouldn't have wanted to be in the position of having to select from the top 2 this year - they were both good candidates. No losers there.
You CAN put antennas on your owned and/or controlled property...

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

#3 OFFLINE   AllenE

AllenE

Godfather

• Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:46 PM

I agree the top two were great, but would you have wanted a show from any of the others?

#4 OFFLINE   olguy

olguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:49 PM

Wouldn't be surprised if they give him one also.

I wouldn't have wanted to be in the position of having to select from the top 2 this year - they were both good candidates. No losers there.

After the comments of the 2 VPs it won't be too surprising if he pops up in his own show. They have 2 on air from last season now so it's not a stretch to see them do it again. But I do like the looks of her 4 step chicken :)

Just curious. I wonder how they will make room for her program? Maybe stop some of the reruns?

Edited by olguy, 03 August 2009 - 01:55 PM.

Just another old geezer killin' time till time kills me.

#5 OFFLINE   njblackberry

njblackberry

Icon

• Registered
  • 653 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 01:54 PM

Run it on Saturday morning. Seems to be where new shows go to die.

I also liked both finalists, and agreed with the decision.

#6 OFFLINE   Charise

Charise

AllStar/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 885 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:08 PM

I felt Jeffrey's hand motions got repetitive and sort of annoying, though otherwise he did a very nice job. I liked Melissa's preview better--nothing annoying--and I will be trying her 4-step meal soon. :D

So, I felt the judges chose correctly, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Jeffrey return in some capacity.

This is on the website today: Ten Dollar Dinners: Catch Melissa d'Arabian's new show, Sunday at 12:30pm/11:30c.

#7 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:29 PM

They've changed her concept? Ugh, I liked what she pitched on the finale better.

If they need to make room for her there are plenty of things they could cancel like "Big Daddy's House" featuring a winner from a year or two ago, it's awful. He still looks like a deer caught in the headlights.

#8 OFFLINE   Bluto17

Bluto17

Legend

• Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 05:47 AM

They've changed her concept? Ugh, I liked what she pitched on the finale better.

If they need to make room for her there are plenty of things they could cancel like "Big Daddy's House" featuring a winner from a year or two ago, it's awful. He still looks like a deer caught in the headlights.

They better not dump 'Big Daddy's House'. :) We watch him every week. Good, easy to make recipes.

We'll give Melissa's show a try too.

#9 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 03:29 PM

Anybody watch her new show premiere Sunday afternoon? It wasn't half bad, but the repeated references to her time in France were a bit off-putting. I thought she was supposed to be the "Mom-next-door" type, not a Julia Child wannabe.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...