Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

0x32b software - HR20-100

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JGL

JGL

AllStar

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 12:40 AM

I just got this on my new replacement HR20-100 on 7-30-09, but can't seem to find any info about it. I didn't see it on the Firmware Release History list, and doing a search in the CE Forum didn't come up with anything.
I forced a download on another HR20-100 and it downloaded 0x312, but the date behind it says Fri 11/5, which would be from 2004...can that be right?
Or maybe I'm confused about what the date is referring to. Can anyone point me to any info about this?
Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,870 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:03 AM

I'm moving this to the HD DVR forum.

The current version for your receiver is 0x0312. I don't know why you would have had another version on your DVR but I think you did the right thing in going back to the correct version.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   dvdmth

dvdmth

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,004 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:47 AM

I just got this on my new replacement HR20-100 on 7-30-09, but can't seem to find any info about it. I didn't see it on the Firmware Release History list, and doing a search in the CE Forum didn't come up with anything.
I forced a download on another HR20-100 and it downloaded 0x312, but the date behind it says Fri 11/5, which would be from 2004...can that be right?
Or maybe I'm confused about what the date is referring to. Can anyone point me to any info about this?
Thanks.

If the "date" you saw was in the upper corner of the download screen, that isn't a date. I don't know what the numbers mean, but it's definitely not a date. As for software 0x032b, not sure where that came from. The current NR as far as I know is 0x0312.

Edited by Doug Brott, 04 August 2009 - 12:52 PM.
redacted

#4 OFFLINE   JGL

JGL

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:27 PM

The 'date' was in the Info screen, as in:
Software: 0x32b Thu 7/30

When I forced the download on this receiver, and got it to 0x312, the previous software listed in the info screen was 0x12a.
I kind of expected the previous software to be 0x32b, but that wasn't the case.

I should mention that this was a refurbished replacement HR20-100. I didn't note which software it had on it when I booted it up the very first time.

Anyway, sure seemed strange to have this mystery software on only this one receiver.
It was 1 of 3 HR20-100's that I got for replacements.

Edited by JGL, 04 August 2009 - 06:03 PM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...