Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

So You Think You Can Dance (Top 4) - Finale

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Poll: Who do you think will win SYTYCD? (19 member(s) have cast votes)

Who do you think will win SYTYCD?

1. Jeanine Mason (8 votes [42.11%])

Percentage of vote: 42.11%

2. Brandon Bryant (6 votes [31.58%])

Percentage of vote: 31.58%

3. Kayla Radomski (3 votes [15.79%])

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

4. Evan Kasprzak (2 votes [10.53%])

Percentage of vote: 10.53%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 OFFLINE   jodyguercio

jodyguercio

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:06 PM

I didn't see lots of growth in any of the dancers either, Jody, certainly not what we've seen in the past. If anyone, Jeanine showed the most right after (and because) Phillip left. As more accomplished dancers are auditioning and making the top 20, it seems like the choreographers are able to create more difficult dances right from the beginning. There's not much of an arc to the dancers' growth. And Evan may have run out of gas--several of his dances were very close together.

It looked like a lot bigger audience at the Kodak, which I'm guessing is why the finale was held there.

Wow! I always skip through most of Cat talking, so I really didn't know the prize had jumped to $250,000! I checked the web site and saw that Joshua also won that amount. Wasn't it $100,000 before that, or had it been going up and I didn't notice? No wonder they have so many people auditioning!!

Before Joshua won there was a cash prize and some type of guaranteed contract. Nick got an apartment rent free for a year in New York City and cash so that he could try his hand on Broadway. Benji got money and a guaranteed job with Celine Dion in Vegas for a year. I don't remember what Sabra got.

Oh yea, Kat said there were over 3K people in the audience last night.
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown

LIVE SIMPLE, LOVE GENEROUSLY , CARE DEEPLY, SPEAK KINDLY AND LEAVE THE REST TO GOD

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 36,869 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:07 PM

I noticed an absence of your favorite style in there Mr Sweet :D ( for those that don't know, Stuart is a hip-hop machine :lol: )

Where's that "sarcasm" smilie again?

Oh, and to add on to the post above, the top 12 dancers will have guaranteed employment on the tour, that's something too.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#23 OFFLINE   jodyguercio

jodyguercio

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:08 PM

Where's that "sarcasm" smilie again?

I have the font installed on my computer, it didn't show up for all to see? :sure:
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown

LIVE SIMPLE, LOVE GENEROUSLY , CARE DEEPLY, SPEAK KINDLY AND LEAVE THE REST TO GOD

#24 OFFLINE   Charise

Charise

AllStar/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 885 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:30 PM

I just read this article at msnbc.com - http://www.msnbc.msn...ent-television/. I thought it was a good read. :D

I thought Nigel had already said a couple of times that Ryan was in the top 20 for season 6. Or did I miss something...:rolleyes:

#25 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 36,869 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:38 PM

I know Ryan's going to Las Vegas, but I don't remember it being said that he's in the top 20.

#26 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:43 PM

Agreed, Mr. Guercio. I hope that Evan's brother Ryan makes it into the top 20, and I hope he is joined by ballroom dancers, jazz dancers, and perhaps another ballet dancer.

I kinda get the feeling that he does based on the comments that Nigel made last night .. Something to the effect of "...and we'll have another Kasprzak..." referring to next season. Granted it could be simplified to mean auditions/Vegas which we already know about. However, I think it was an off the cuff remark and means more than the simplified version.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#27 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:44 PM

I thought Nigel had already said a couple of times that Ryan was in the top 20 for season 6. Or did I miss something...:rolleyes:

Nigel did not actually say that, but by intonation and wording .. it almost seems like a foregone conclusion at this point.

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#28 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:45 PM

I noticed an absence of your favorite style in there Mr Sweet :D ( for those that don't know, Stuart is a hip-hop machine :lol: )

The fact that Stuart will now actually watch the Hip-Hop routines says a lot, though.

#29 OFFLINE   jodyguercio

jodyguercio

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 02:00 PM

The fact that Stuart will now actually watch the Hip-Hop routines says a lot, though.

Yes it does Doug. Yes it does.

#30 OFFLINE   Charise

Charise

AllStar/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 885 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 02:00 PM

I don't recall him liking any of them though. :D

#31 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 36,869 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 02:04 PM

Hey, give me some credit for simply saying, "they're not my cup of tea" and moving on. At least they didn't have any of that "crumping" nonsense.

I don't know if the lack of "crumping" is to blame, but did anyone else notice Mia Michaels being much more civilized this year? Other than aspiring to rip Evan's face off with her teeth, I don't recall her threatening bodily injury to anyone, even in the form of a compliment.

#32 OFFLINE   jodyguercio

jodyguercio

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 02:19 PM

Hey, give me some credit for simply saying, "they're not my cup of tea" and moving on. At least they didn't have any of that "crumping" nonsense.

I don't know if the lack of "crumping" is to blame, but did anyone else notice Mia Michaels being much more civilized this year? Other than aspiring to rip Evan's face off with her teeth, I don't recall her threatening bodily injury to anyone, even in the form of a compliment.

Mia was more subdued this year for some reason. LiL C (the head crumper) was a judge but he never did a routine which is also strange. What ever happened to Dan Karaty?

#33 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,252 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 06 August 2009 - 03:12 PM

What ever happened to Dan Karaty?

He's probably too busy with SYTYCD Canada and the Netherlands, plus he's now a stager and choreographer on America's Got Talent.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#34 OFFLINE   Charise

Charise

AllStar/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 885 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 04:18 PM

He's probably too busy with SYTYCD Canada and the Netherlands, plus he's now a stager and choreographer on America's Got Talent.

Well, we got you to post, even if it's not about the finale. :D

#35 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,691 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 04:49 PM

Prediction:

Brandon and Jeanine are the 2 finalists, and Jeanine wins.

If I'm right....send money.

If I'm wrong....my name is Doug. :lol:
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#36 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,691 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:45 PM

No egg on this face....:lol::lol::lol:

Actually, a very neat finale show.

A tough act to follow next season.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#37 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,252 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:25 PM

Oh, Charise, I always intended to post - I just gave up on the season when I noticed the judicial shenanigans...

Final results:

1. Jeanine
2. Brandon
3. Evan
4. Kayla

The Prosecution rests.

Edited by Henry, 07 August 2009 - 09:31 AM.

VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#38 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 36,869 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 06:58 AM

I'd say the final four are all winners, and I do agree that this was a fairly tight final episode, filled with great performances. I congratulate Jeanine Mason for her victory and hope she goes on to greatness.

#39 OFFLINE   Charise

Charise

AllStar/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 885 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 07:42 AM

Goes to show if you can hang in there early on, as Jeanine actually didn't for me (when she was paired with Phillip), and have a super-solid last 2-3 shows, you can win. I do feel that she "grew" the most of the final four during the show, which certainly isn't a requirement, but the judges like that and heap praise on you. :D

So, big congrats to Jeanine! She really did "peak at the right time." In my eyes, the entire Top 10 was the best they've had on the show. There was some outstanding choreography sprinkled throughout the season, with a couple winners from the very first show which was just explosive with talent!

#40 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,917 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 07 August 2009 - 09:17 AM

I kinda get the feeling that he does based on the comments that Nigel made last night .. Something to the effect of "...and we'll have another Kasprzak..." referring to next season. Granted it could be simplified to mean auditions/Vegas which we already know about. However, I think it was an off the cuff remark and means more than the simplified version.

OK, some clarification. I heard last night a comment from Nigel about being in Vegas next week (hoping to meet up with Paula Abdul, BTW). So it does not appear if the Top 20 has been set yet for S6.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...