Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New Football League

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Dave

Dave

Icon

• Registered
  • 864 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:47 AM

Well it looks like we have a new football league starting up. So far I have only seen where there will be (4) four teams to start. I beleive they have also announced there play off game to be around Thanksgiving.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,018 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:54 AM

Is this the league? http://www.ufl-football.com/
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork

Icon

• Registered
  • 893 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:41 AM

The league has a lot of money behind it and TV deal in place with Versus. One of the major forces behind it is Nancy Pelosi's husband. They have said they plan to start small, get some former NFL players looking to make comebacks etc. I think they'll get an audience, their games will be on Friday nights. I think their goal is if players play well they will be picked up by NFL teams as they make playoff pushes. Could be interesting...

#4 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,199 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 15 August 2009 - 02:46 PM

Was reading up on this league over the past few days and while I have always been in favor of the idea of a 'minor league' for football, I just do not see this one getting off the ground.
I'm giving 2 seasons..

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q4 2014 Set-Up

#5 OFFLINE   sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork

Icon

• Registered
  • 893 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 02:55 PM

Was reading up on this league over the past few days and while I have always been in favor of the idea of a 'minor league' for football, I just do not see this one getting off the ground.
I'm giving 2 seasons..

What I have heard is they feel they have enough money for 4 years to get things going, after that they want to start making a profit. It will be interesting, the SF/Sac team is playing home games at ATT Park (SF Giant) so that could be a draw for some people to attend games.

#6 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,199 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 15 August 2009 - 03:38 PM

I'm sorry but unless the NFL gets behind this league, I'm going to stick with 2 years and gone.

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q4 2014 Set-Up

#7 OFFLINE   IndyMichael

IndyMichael

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 926 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:38 AM

Thankfully games are on HDnet too, but we'll miss the games on Versus if it isn't back by October 8th.

#8 OFFLINE   coldsteel

coldsteel

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 01:41 PM

Thankfully games are on HDnet too, but we'll miss the games on Versus if it isn't back by October 8th.

You will, I won't... lol
DISH 625 dvr

The opinions posted on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies or opinions. Unless I decide to be bad or call out an idiot...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...