Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
In the Stone Age
Posted 08 August 2009 - 07:08 PM
So I guess I need to buy something .. questions
- if I get a dvr model (vip612) do I have to pay extra $$/month
- if I get a non-dvr model (vip211) are there external devices that will work (still without extra cost/month)
- I have Dish 500 ... will I need new lnb for the dish and which ones. Just a simple swap with the old ones??
Sorry for all the ignorance. I just want to watch Mad Men when it starts up again .. hahahaa
PS - if you know what part of the 6000 I need to smack to get it working again that info is also appreciated
||...Ads Help To Support This Site...||
Posted 09 August 2009 - 02:59 PM
I guess I will go with the vip211 as I see you can hook up a dvr later for $40 activation .. I can live with that.
So lastly I still need help on the LNB issue: do I need to change; which model for the Dish 500; is it simple swap out??
Posted 09 August 2009 - 04:34 PM
Posted 09 August 2009 - 04:57 PM
I spoke to them and they wanted to get me in a lease which in the long run would cost me more. So my question on the LNBs remain.
Posted 09 August 2009 - 05:33 PM
Posted 09 August 2009 - 05:39 PM
Posted 09 August 2009 - 06:23 PM
so the question remains whether my legacy lnbs on my dish 500 will work with the vip211 or I have to change them.
Posted 09 August 2009 - 06:26 PM
Posted 09 August 2009 - 07:50 PM
Good to know 500 will work as is till then ..