Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Phone line for regional sports net

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   SD493

SD493

Legend

• Registered
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 08:01 PM

I've just switched from E* to D*. I had my programming activated today. In going through my channels I noticed that my
regional Fox Sports Net was showing as a "must call to subscribe"
channel. I called Pegasus because I am supposed to have that channel with the Total Choice package. They said that in order to get it I would have to have a phone line connected. I hadn't planned to connect a phone line, I never did with Dish. Is it true that the only way I can get my regional sports channel (not the sports package) is to keep a phone line connected?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   James

James

AllStar

• Registered
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 06:53 AM

That is correct. No Fox sports without a phone line. I think the are afraid you are going to take one of your boxes to a bar or something of that nature to make money off of it. (Just an example) With the phone line plugged in they can verify that is still located at your home phone number.

James

#3 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 03:07 PM

Fox Sports Nets are where most of the MLB Extra Innings games come from. Yes A Phone Line is needed because unless you subscribe to MLB Extra Innings MLB Games and NBA Games and NHL Games during there respective season will be blacked out. You won't be turned off from your Regional sports network. But during out of Market games if you don't subscribe then you will be blacked out. The Phone Line determines where you live and your area and all that.

#4 OFFLINE   SD493

SD493

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 116 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 04:42 PM

Fox Sports Nets are where most of the MLB Extra Innings games come from. Yes A Phone Line is needed because unless you subscribe to MLB Extra Innings MLB Games and NBA Games and NHL Games during there respective season will be blacked out. You won't be turned off from your Regional sports network. But during out of Market games if you don't subscribe then you will be blacked out. The Phone Line determines where you live and your area and all that.

Thanks for the replies. The phone line isn't really a problem, I'll just have to use a line splitter as I have the phone line running into my Replay.
E* didn't require this that's why I was surprised when my regional sports network was not coming in.

spam firewall