Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Invacom LNB questions

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mark40930

Mark40930

Mentor

• Registered
  • 48 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 08 August 2009 - 09:51 PM

I purchased an Invacom dual linear/circular LNB off of eBay, and plan on using it with a 33 inch dish for FTA. Going to just go stationary to Galaxy 19 for the time being then add the motor later. Receiver is a Pansat 2700A.

Would I need a DiSecq switch with this LNB to allow it to switch polarization (connecting the LNB to the switch with 2 cables) or will the receiver be able to handle it on its own with single cable connection?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   PTown

PTown

Legend

• Registered
  • 199 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:16 PM

I purchased an Invacom dual linear/circular LNB off of eBay, and plan on using it with a 33 inch dish for FTA. Going to just go stationary to Galaxy 19 for the time being then add the motor later. Receiver is a Pansat 2700A.

Would I need a DiSecq switch with this LNB to allow it to switch polarization (connecting the LNB to the switch with 2 cables) or will the receiver be able to handle it on its own with single cable connection?

If it's stationary at galaxy 19 you only need the linear output anyways, but when you motorize and you want both then yes, you will need a switch and corresponding settings in the receiver.

#3 OFFLINE   Mark40930

Mark40930

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 48 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:11 PM

Thanks for the info, now I can get things started. :-)

#4 OFFLINE   Mark40930

Mark40930

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 48 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:11 PM

After much trial and error I managed to get my setup going and receiving programming from Galaxy 19. Now just need to get the SG2100 motor and a good sturdy ground mount mast in place.:D

#5 OFFLINE   sadoun

sadoun

AllStar

• Registered
  • 88 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:43 PM

Hi Mark

How is your motorized dish project prospects going?
Sadoun Satellite
DBSTALK forum member #507
Member since May 28, 2002

#6 OFFLINE   Mark40930

Mark40930

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 48 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:43 PM

Went very well thank you...I have purchased your Motrek SG-2100 motor online and it is working excellent!

D* Setup:
1 x HR24-500 DVR

FTA Setup (in storage):
HotDish 90cm dish
Invacom Linear/Circular LNBF
Openbox S16 HD receiver

Another circumstance, too, worried me in those days: that there was no on like me and I was unlike anyone else. - Dostoyevsky

Protected By... spam firewall...And...