Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Auto sign-off when changing Forums?

wimax

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Tom in Bristol

Tom in Bristol

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 11:27 AM

Noob here...seems like I have to 'sign-in' after all changes from one forum to another.

Is this normal?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,898 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 09 August 2009 - 01:35 PM

I don't have that problem... Would need to know more about how you are visiting the site to be sure (browser for example)... but my initial guess is that perhaps you have cookies disabled.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#3 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,190 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 02:56 PM

Yes, definitely a cookie problem. If you have cookies enabled, try deleting your DBSTalk cookies and sign in again. Your cookies are probably corrupt.

#4 OFFLINE   Tom in Bristol

Tom in Bristol

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 04:40 PM

I don't have that problem... Would need to know more about how you are visiting the site to be sure (browser for example)... but my initial guess is that perhaps you have cookies disabled.

Ah-hah! Yep...I've re-set Firefox for dbstalk.com and we'll see.

#5 OFFLINE   Tom in Bristol

Tom in Bristol

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 04:55 PM

Yes, definitely a cookie problem. If you have cookies enabled, try deleting your DBSTalk cookies and sign in again. Your cookies are probably corrupt.

Hummm...deleted all cookies for dbstalk.com and have Firefox set to ask me each time. Re-opened dbstalk (denied a google cookie) and signed in.

Still doing what it was before, that is, whenever I use the tabs at the top to go to Forums, or to Member List (as examples) I need to sign in again.

I did *not* have to when I went to Search and advanced search to get to my posts to check for replies.

BTW, thanks for the help...fairly impressive when the Founder deals with my petty probs!

#6 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,898 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 09 August 2009 - 05:49 PM

I can't say 100% for DBSTalk, but I've had hit-or-miss results with using the "ask me each time" option for denying cookies. On some sites, by the time you get to answer to allow the cookie, the site itself has already "forgotten" that it sent you one.

I have cookies enabled here and actually also had to allow popups in order for the chat room to work properly with my Firefox.

As a test, you might want to try just outright enabling them temporarily for DBSTalk and see if that gets rid of your problem just to be sure.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#7 OFFLINE   Tom in Bristol

Tom in Bristol

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 August 2009 - 06:55 PM

As a test, you might want to try just outright enabling them temporarily for DBSTalk and see if that gets rid of your problem just to be sure.

Worth a try...thanks for the reply.

Well...same thing happening. After I log in, the only tabs I can use without logging back in are Search and Quick links. Using Forum Jumps seems to be the way to navigate except if I need to use one of the other tabs.

'Tis a small thing...thanks all, for the replies.

Edited by Tom in Bristol, 09 August 2009 - 07:13 PM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...