Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Burn Notice season finale most watched USA series episode

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,386 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:03 AM

The "Burn Notice" season finale (which had a new story twist) pulled some big numbers according to MediaBiz: [QUOTE]Some 7.6 million viewers tuned in to watch the season three finale of Burn Notice last week, catapulting USA Network to its best Thursday night performance in network history.

The episode also became USA's most-watched series telecast, the network said. Burn Notice topped TNT's The Closer to become the number one scripted series on cable earlier this summer. The record-setting numbers also fed into Royal Pains, which posted a series best 6.7 million viewers last Thursday./QUOTE]These are getting to be big numbers, enough to be competitive with broadcast network shows in advertising revenue.

And so far, "Burn Notice" is holding our interest halfway through season 3.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,685 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:28 AM

I'm three eps behind on Burn Notice, but I thought this was just just a mid-season finale? Isn't it coming back for the remainder of hte season in January or something?

#3 OFFLINE   fluffybear

fluffybear

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,145 posts
  • LocationPeachtree City, GA.

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:37 AM

I'm three eps behind on Burn Notice, but I thought this was just just a mid-season finale? Isn't it coming back for the remainder of hte season in January or something?

I think you are correct, they were labeling the episode as the SUMMER FINALE.

Proud DirecTV customer since July, 1994

My Q3 2014 Set-Up

#4 ONLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:50 AM

Actually the summer half is the last half of the season.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#5 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,169 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:08 AM

:goodjob:

Even though this thread is titled season finale, I won't give away spoilers, but Michael did something that I never expected him to do and after my jaw dropped to the floor, I started jumping up and down in support!! :dance01:

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#6 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,386 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 11:42 AM

Even though this thread is titled season finale, I won't give away spoilers, but Michael did something that I never expected him to do and after my jaw dropped to the floor, I started jumping up and down in support!! :dance01:

:D

A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup

#7 OFFLINE   LarryFlowers

LarryFlowers

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,290 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:39 PM

The show is just plain GOOD!

Larry
Larry R. Flowers
Winder (Atlanta) GA
Twitter @larryflowers
HR20-700 HR23-700 H24-100
1st DirecTV Receiver Install Nov 1994
i'm a PC Guy

#8 OFFLINE   Charise

Charise

AllStar/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 885 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 01:18 PM

It was awful waiting between season 1 and season 2, but well worth it! Excellent show!

#9 OFFLINE   AllenE

AllenE

Godfather

• Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 02:50 PM

Me three.;)

#10 OFFLINE   koji68

koji68

Icon

• Registered
  • 622 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:22 PM

Wasn't that awesome!?

For those who'd like to see more of Jeffrey Donovan's work, I would recommend Touching Evil. Very good show too but darker.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0383153/

And if you haven't seen Bruce Campbell in The Adventures of Brisco County Jr., do yourself a favor and get it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105932/
Put me down! Put me down! Come on put me down!

Kiva.org

#11 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,253 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 10 August 2009 - 04:07 PM

And if you haven't seen Bruce Campbell in The Adventures of Brisco County Jr., do yourself a favor and get it.

And don't forget the Evil Dead series and Bubba Ho-tep... He also played different characters in all 3 Spiderman movies (Sam Raimi directed the Evil Dead and Spiderman movies).

And back on topic... that was a terrifiic finale...

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#12 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 13,386 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 04:20 PM

Wasn't that awesome!?

For those who'd like to see more of Jeffrey Donovan's work, I would recommend Touching Evil. Very good show too but darker.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0383153/

Good reminder!

Dark though it may have been (too dark for today's USA, but quality enough for AMC), "Touching Evil" is one of the best TV series ever made and never seen by most viewers. UniversalHD reran it a couple of years ago and there is just so much nuance to see. If you like Donovan in "Burn Notice" and are fond of dark murder-oriented crime procedurals with a quirky character (because he has been shot in the head), you'll love this show.

Campbell has been in so much, including a stint in 1998-99 as Autolycus in "Xena: Warrior Princess" and "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys", that it's not hard to find work he has done that is enjoyable. "The Adventures of Brisco County Jr." is one of those as is "Jack of All Trades. It's a little hard to remember him looking like this:

Posted ImagePosted Image

My AV Setup

#13 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,685 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 05:55 PM

:D

After reading this, I may just have to juggle my schedule around and catch up on some backlogged Burn Notice!!!!

#14 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:23 PM

I loved Touching Evil with Jeffrey Donovan, though I thought he was just a tad too young for the part at the time. The series was actually based on a British one starring Robson Green who also did the rather disturbing Wire in the Blood series.

One of the things I'm most impressed with about USA Network's line up of shows is how well cast they are. Actors like Donovan lift material that can sometimes be predictable and give it a unique twist.
.......... There are none so blind as those who can not see it in HD.
.......... Directv customer since January 2000.

#15 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,169 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:34 PM

I loved Touching Evil with Jeffrey Donovan, though I thought he was just a tad too young for the part at the time. The series was actually based on a British one starring Robson Green who also did the rather disturbing Wire in the Blood series.

One of the things I'm most impressed with about USA Network's line up of shows is how well cast they are. Actors like Donovan lift material that can sometimes be predictable and give it a unique twist.

I watched both of those on BBC America, and loved them!! As well as the one with Clive Owen (I think it was called 2nd Sight?). I did not realize there was an American version of Touching Evil. I will have to rent it.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#16 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,169 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:35 PM

After reading this, I may just have to juggle my schedule around and catch up on some backlogged Burn Notice!!!!

I'm not sure the finale was as good as I hoped it would be, but Michael did something very out of character that actually made me (and several others here apparently) like his character even better.

My Setup

#17 OFFLINE   LOCODUDE

LOCODUDE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,653 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:34 PM

Guess what?...... I watched it "LIVE". That is something I rarely do. Not since they invented the DVR, anyway....:)

Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it.

Confucius

#18 ONLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,924 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:52 PM

Guess what?...... I watched it "LIVE". That is something I rarely do. Not since they invented the DVR, anyway....:)

I watched it. But I did not go that far. That's just nuts.

#19 OFFLINE   LOCODUDE

LOCODUDE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,653 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 11 August 2009 - 06:48 PM

I watched it. But I did not go that far. That's just nuts.

Sometimes, you just gotta live on the edge......:D

Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it.

Confucius

spam firewall