Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Thread Lifespan??

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   luv2fly3

luv2fly3

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:05 AM

I just returned to DBSTalk after about a year away. I had to disconnect my D* service after just needing a budget adjustment. We're actually getting hooked up again today and I knew one bookmark I'd be reactivating with my service back in place!

My question is, why are there so few threads from prior to June?? I seem to remember threads being archived a whole lot longer when I was active before. Am I missing where older threads are at? I just hate to re-ask questions that have already been discussed many times already, and would prefer to just search through older discussions.

On that note, how about older equipment reviews? I had an HR20-700 before I disconnected. I'm wondering where I could find "First Look" write ups for the HR22 receivers, as I assume I'll probably get one of those today when the installer arrives.

Glad to be back, just want to catch up! Thanks.
-Lars
HR22-100 w/AM21 to Sony KDF-E42A10 via HDMI and Sony VPL-HS51 Projector via Component
D12-500 to Sony 51" Rear Proj via Component
Zinwell WB68 multiswitch
AT-9 5 LNB Dish

(Had a HR20-700 and H20 previously)

#2 OFFLINE   tcusta00

tcusta00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,911 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:13 AM

Welcome back! I think whatever you're looking for as far as archived threads is still searchable going back years with the search feature. Have you tried it?

All First Looks and other tips can be found in the DIRECTV Information, Tips and Resources subforum of the DIRECTV General Discussion forum. There are a bunch of stickies there that you will find helpful.

#3 OFFLINE   luv2fly3

luv2fly3

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:52 AM

Great. I now see the First Look info and I'll try the search function. I just assumed since the threads weren't showing that they probably wouldn't be searched either. But you know what they say about assuming things! :lol:

Thanks.
-Lars
HR22-100 w/AM21 to Sony KDF-E42A10 via HDMI and Sony VPL-HS51 Projector via Component
D12-500 to Sony 51" Rear Proj via Component
Zinwell WB68 multiswitch
AT-9 5 LNB Dish

(Had a HR20-700 and H20 previously)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...