Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Mississippi ETV - Tupelo-Columbus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Rebel82_*

Guest_Rebel82_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2003 - 11:23 AM

It appears that yesterday Directtv added channel 12 to the Tupelo-Columbus local package (for Mississippi ETV), the Mississippi version of PBS. We had been receiving the national PBS feed on channel two which has been removed. This is probably the ETV station from Booneville?, Ms. Much of the programming is the same as PBS but it does have some regional coverage and during the spring shows the Mississippi High School basketball playoffs from Jackson.
Now if we could only have the UPN station from Columbus,Ms added to our lineup (UPN 30) and a national WB feed we would be set. I have enjoyed getting the locals on D though!
I emailed the station manager for WCBI about the UPN station and he said it was Directtv's call, that they would like to provide it
if they were interested.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   gor88

gor88

Icon

• Registered
  • 575 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 05:45 AM

Rebel82,

Thanks for the information about PBS. My mother receives those locals, so I will relay that information to her.

I kind of wondered why they did a national feed. Apparently, D* had been unable to obtain a good quality signal of Ch.2 at Mississippi State. Since the receive facility is in Tupelo, Ch. 12 at Booneville (WMAE) would be a better choice.

Put some pressure on WCBI and D* to carry UPN. Let both know that you want it included in the locals. You may also want to find out who advertises on the UPN channel and tell them they should demand to have it carried on D*.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...