Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

MLB.TV now available on the Roku player

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,373 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:28 PM

So that chair with the Colts logo on it is just a beard, huh? :lol:

Rich

NFL is more exciting to me. I dont watch a whole lot of regular season but I do watch the post season if Boston is in it.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   Reaper

Reaper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 521 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:08 PM

Costco just mailed us a coupon book that contains a coupon for $30 off that Sammy BD player. Today I received a check from my credit card company for a credit of just over $50. I think I'll be buying that Sammy next Monday. Just to stream NetFlix.

Rich

That's cool Rich. Just don't expect the Netflix streams to be 1080p or 7.1 digital audio just because you're streaming them through a Blu-ray player though.

#43 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,876 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:13 PM

NFL is more exciting to me. I dont watch a whole lot of regular season but I do watch the post season if Boston is in it.

I can understand you getting that mlb thing, considering where you are and the team you root for. But I've never quite understood where people got the time to watch so many baseball games. If it was someone betting on games, I could kinda understand it, but there are so many teams and so many variables in baseball that a person would have to devote his life to watching games just to be able to win enough to live on.

The football package I understand. I think that football is the one sport that really utilizes TV well and you can learn a lot by watching relatively few games.

It would be interesting to see a breakdown of the numbers of each package sold in total. Just a WAG, but I'd pick the football package to have more subscribers.

Anyway, it'd be a whole lot cheaper to subscribe to whatever package you need to get the Yes Network and start rooting for the Yankees. Or can't you get that where you are? Thought it was nationwide.

Shame you have to buy a huge number of team's games just to get the team you want to watch.

Rich

#44 OFFLINE   Reaper

Reaper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 521 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:58 PM

I can understand you getting that mlb thing, considering where you are and the team you root for. But I've never quite understood where people got the time to watch so many baseball games. If it was someone betting on games, I could kinda understand it, but there are so many teams and so many variables in baseball that a person would have to devote his life to watching games just to be able to win enough to live on.

The football package I understand. I think that football is the one sport that really utilizes TV well and you can learn a lot by watching relatively few games.

It would be interesting to see a breakdown of the numbers of each package sold in total. Just a WAG, but I'd pick the football package to have more subscribers.

Anyway, it'd be a whole lot cheaper to subscribe to whatever package you need to get the Yes Network and start rooting for the Yankees. Or can't you get that where you are? Thought it was nationwide.

Shame you have to buy a huge number of team's games just to get the team you want to watch.

Rich

I think that MLB EI is definitely a package for folks who are fans of out of market teams. For instance, my wife is a big time Yankees fan and we live in Seattle. No, it's not like we watch any of the other teams.

As far as YES is concerned, we have it with FiOS but they do not show the Yankees games nationally. Instead, they show other programming during the games. Hopefully this will change in the future.

I agree with you about NFL ST though. While I'm an out of market Steelers fan, I will occassionally watch other key games - although I usually watch the Red Zone Channel when the Steelers aren't playing.

Edited by Reaper, 14 August 2009 - 03:15 PM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...