Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

VIP622 and one OTA at 0%, before was fine... help!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Hey Now!

Hey Now!

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:47 AM

Using a VIP622, and channel 12 WKRC in Cincinnati went from never any problems to always giving me no signal and showing 0% signal strength. I rarely tune into channel 12 so I'm not sure how long it has been gone. Now with football back I need to get it going asap. All my other OTA channels work fine. Could this have anything to do with the "digital switch"? Any ideas or suggestions how to get it back?
Many thanks!!!
Oh, if one of the answers is to "check switch", what does that mean and how do I do it? I see it mentioned on here fairly often.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Opusnbill7

Opusnbill7

Mentor

• Registered
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:07 AM

I would go into the "local channels" menu, and then choose "delete all locals". Then, I would choose "scan locals". Just doing a "scan locals" should work, but doesn't always, so that's why I would do the delete first. I bet 12 switched (broadcast) channels with the DTV transition and has moved, even though it will probably still show up as 12-1 once you find it...

#3 OFFLINE   Ron Barry

Ron Barry

622 Tips & Trick Keeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,879 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 10:16 AM

When did this start happening? One other think I would do is take a look at that station and see if anything changed since you observed the behavior. Check the frequency. Did it move form UHF to VHF lately. If it did and you have a UHF antenna that would explain it. Another possibility is that something in the stream changed that the 622 does not like. There are a few other common things that can cause this but the key is to look to see if anything changed with the channel in question.

A good resource is the HD local area on our sister site AVSForums
<strong class='bbc'>New Member of the 9K club & 922/612 User<br /></strong><span style='font-size: 8px;'>"A release is not a release until it is released." - Me. <br />"To the true believer, no proof is necessary. To the non believer, no proof is sufficient." - Peter James (Derived from a Stewert Chase Quote)</span>

#4 OFFLINE   Hey Now!

Hey Now!

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 12:54 PM

Thanks a lot for the info. Will try those both. As always, much appreciation to all the helpful people on these boards!

#5 OFFLINE   kpaustin

kpaustin

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:32 PM

It appears WKRC was virtual channel 31 (UHF) pre-transition and channel 12 (VHF) post-transition, so if it's been a while since you've tuned it then it's likely your antenna is UHF only, and you'll need a VHF complement to bring it in at high levels now (if the rescan doesn't work). Same thing happened to FOX here in Austin.

#6 OFFLINE   Hey Now!

Hey Now!

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:02 PM

The rescan worked perfectly. Getting it at 100% now. Thanks!!!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...