Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Mad Men "Out of Town" OAD 8/16/09 (SPOILERS)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,860 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:21 AM

Mad Men is back!

Season three starts just a few months after season two ended... by my estimation it's the spring of 1963. Betty's quite pregnant, the firm's British owners have swept away 1/3 of the workforce, and while some things have changed, some are still far too much the same.

I love this show. Every line could be taken at least three separate ways. I love the way that Don and Sal seem to be discussing work when they're discussing each other's weaknesses. I love the fact that Don constantly has to confront the way he treats women through the most innocent interactions with his own daughter.

I love the way that Peggy never seems like a witch as she tosses acerbic comments to her secretary. I love the way the new English secretary tries to convince everyone that "secretary" means something different in Great Britain.

I was a little let down by the deus ex machina aspect of having a fire drill save both Don and Salvatore from making a huge mistake. Too convenient, I say, and unworthy of the otherwise excellent writing.

Overall I think the season's off to a fine start, and a fine reminder (one the whole nation needs) of why scripted television at its best is better than unscripted television could ever be.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   compac

compac

Legend

• Registered
  • 209 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 07:49 PM

Big fan, and re-watched season 2 on vod... but
Was disappointed some what by the season 3 premier was hoping for more!

ex. Seemed like all the wives that were on th edge were just too happy again.

Still one of the top shows on TV.
July 2009 HD locals;dma 67, D* ...
HR20, HDMI connected DLP 62" MITSU

HR22-100, works well, TOSHIBA REGZA 32" 1080p HD LCDTV 32RV530U

vod, D*2PC, edgecutter, sometimes

spam firewall