Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Dancing with the Stars Season 9 cast announced

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Lee L

Lee L

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:11 AM

Personally, I thought it was a decent list. Certainly bringin some people into the fold that would not normally watch DWTS I bet. Sure ther eare a coupld of really iffy picks, but in a list of 16 that is inevitable.

DirecTV, please don't make me have to go back to watching March Madness in standard Def! Oh, and the usual begging for AMC and BBC America. You are so close to actually being the HD Leader.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,816 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:14 AM

Looks like we have about 3-4 legit participants - or else the remaining "really desperately need a job someplace or get on TV to help my career" people. :D
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#23 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Topic Starter
  • Super Moderators
  • 36,876 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 09:43 AM

(...)
By the way, Ashley Hamilton is famous for being Shannen Doherty's husband and in the rag mags for a while, and Aaron Carter was a pop-singer in his own right in the '90's.

For sure these names mean we'll be seeing some famous guests in the audience, so I'm sure that also was a factor in selecting some of the names...
(...)

Thanks for that extra information, Drew. I guess my pop-culture radar must have been on the fritz during their short blips of fame.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#24 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,785 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:00 AM

Thanks for that extra information, Drew. I guess my pop-culture radar must have been on the fritz during their short blips of fame.

Very short - if your claim to fame is Dad and an infamously difficult actress for a wife, you really are still just "name-dropping" and can't really be that famous, right? :P

#25 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,373 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:09 AM

Chuck Lidell? Seriously? Cmon weren't Master P and Kenny Maines bad enough?

And talk about sibling rivalry:

Donny: "I'll bet I get further than you did."
Marie: " Maybe, but I looked better than you will."

Wonder what's going on? Are the producers that scared of SYTYCD?

Whats wrong with Chuck Liddell? Im looking forward to a fighter dancing. If Hollyfield can do it what not Chuck? Chuck still fights and in MMA instead of boxing so his footwork should be alot better. I am interested to see how he does but I am a big MMA fan as well.

#26 OFFLINE   jodyguercio

jodyguercio

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:49 PM

Whats wrong with Chuck Liddell? Im looking forward to a fighter dancing. If Hollyfield can do it what not Chuck? Chuck still fights and in MMA instead of boxing so his footwork should be alot better. I am interested to see how he does but I am a big MMA fan as well.

Nothing is wrong with Chuck Liddell as a person or MMA fighter. But really, can he ever be taken seriously as a dancer or someone who is even remotely close to a dancer? No he can not. I didn't like Holyfield dancing either.
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown

LIVE SIMPLE, LOVE GENEROUSLY , CARE DEEPLY, SPEAK KINDLY AND LEAVE THE REST TO GOD

#27 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,373 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:12 PM

Nothing is wrong with Chuck Liddell as a person or MMA fighter. But really, can he ever be taken seriously as a dancer or someone who is even remotely close to a dancer? No he can not. I didn't like Holyfield dancing either.

Well its Dancing with the STARS not Dancing with who you can take seriously. If that was the case would that older lady of been on there or Jerry Springer? I think they try to find someone who can relate to different ages and audiences. I like how it all comes together. I learn about other celebs out there that I would never of known anything about. Plus its funny watching these sports stars trying to learn to dance. Bring it on Chuck. lets see what you got.

#28 OFFLINE   jodyguercio

jodyguercio

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:28 PM

Well its Dancing with the STARS not Dancing with who you can take seriously. If that was the case would that older lady of been on there or Jerry Springer? I think they try to find someone who can relate to different ages and audiences. I like how it all comes together. I learn about other celebs out there that I would never of known anything about. Plus its funny watching these sports stars trying to learn to dance. Bring it on Chuck. lets see what you got.

That older lady was Cloris Leachman.
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown

LIVE SIMPLE, LOVE GENEROUSLY , CARE DEEPLY, SPEAK KINDLY AND LEAVE THE REST TO GOD

Protected By... spam firewall...And...