Welcome to DBSTalk
Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
- Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
- Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
- Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
- Customize your profile page and make new friends
Posted 12 April 2002 - 02:58 PM
||...Ads Help To Support This Site...||
Posted 12 April 2002 - 03:10 PM
Posted 15 April 2002 - 10:41 PM
Posted 16 April 2002 - 09:14 AM
I wonder why some 501s exhibit this problem while others don't?
Posted 17 April 2002 - 02:32 AM
Posted 17 April 2002 - 08:06 AM
I am glad I was watching TV when this occurred so that I was able to manually stop the recording (I was watching the first show that I had recorded). If I hadn't been watching TV at the time, the 501 would probably have just kept recording until there was no more space on the hard drive, (and most likely would have erased the unprotected recordings that I hadn't watched yet).
So far, I have not had a problem with back-to-back recordings on different channels. Has anyone else had problems with back-to-back recordings?
Posted 24 April 2002 - 03:37 PM
A curious thing about doing this: The PVR menu will show the title of the first recording, but as you playback and get into the next 1/2 hour show, the browser banner will show the correct show title.
Posted 25 April 2002 - 08:20 AM
Originally posted by DarrellP
Why bother with back to back timers? If you know you want a time slot for 3 shows, select the first one, then edit it to run for 1 1/2 hrs and start 1 minute early. Problem solved.
I have used this method many times in the past, however there are times when I would rather record them separately (for example, I might want to save one of the shows, but not the other two). Also, my wife does not know how to edit a timer.
For me, this problem with back to back timers started with version P153, and only occurs with back to back timers on the same channel. The problem does not occur every time. About 75% of the time the back to back timers work fine; the other 25% of the time the shows get lumped into one big recording, and the 501 never stops recording (after the last show has been recorded). Every time that this problem has occurred, I happened to be watching TV at the time, so I was able to manually stop the recording. If I wasn't there to manually stop the recording, this would have been a more serious issue.
As a temporary solution, if I know that I am not going to be there to manually stop the recording, I just set one long timer as DarrellP described, but I sure hope that dish fixes this problem soon.
The thing that I don't understand is why does it work OK 75% of the time and fail 25% of the time?
Posted 25 April 2002 - 10:51 AM
rebooting the 501 seems to fix the problem when back to back timers fail unfortuantely it is to late to get the recording too
Posted 26 April 2002 - 12:04 AM
also, i think that it may only be screwing up if i am actually watching the first show (delayed), when the second timer is due to be fired off.
I called dish tech and he said "try hard re-boot", but that this problem has never been reported before now...yea right.
Well, i powered off and tried it again. Works fine now. Hopefully this does not happen often.