Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

What show would you like to see remade?

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#121 OFFLINE   bicker1

bicker1

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 03:17 AM

Both my wife and I considered the (admittedly unplanned) end of Quantum Leap to be one of the best series finales ever.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#122 OFFLINE   tvradio00

tvradio00

Cool Member

• Banned User
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 05:46 PM

Considering all the remakes both recent and to come, what show from yesteryear would you like to see remade?

I would not mind seeing a remake of Emergency or Adam-12. A couple of favs from my childhood.

NONE - Originals should NOT be remade.

If any thing old shows should be brought back (better than all the reality show garbage on TV) with some of the old cast and others recurring with their kids being in the shows now too.

#123 OFFLINE   Indiana627

Indiana627

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 07:51 PM

Black Sheep Squadron.

With specials effects these days, this would be amazing.

"We are poor little lambs, who have lost our way. Ba... Ba.... Ba...."
Mark

"We named the dog Indiana."
Family Room: HR24-100; WD10EVCS 1TB drive in Antec MX-1; connected via HDMI to Denon AVR-2313CI; 5.1 setup with Boston Acoustics A250 fronts, A225C center, A25 surrounds, ASW650 sub; video to Sony 52W4100 via HDMI; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
Bedroom: HR21-200 with AM21 & Philips PHDTV1 Antenna, HDMI to Dynex 32" TV; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
(1) Slimline 3 LBN dish (2 lines direct to each HR2x. No multiswitch.)
D* since January 2003

#124 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,316 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:24 PM

Black Sheep Squadron.

Now that's one I hadn't thought about. In this day it would be unique programming. Good idea and good memory!

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#125 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,524 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:47 PM

Black Sheep Squadron.

Today's CGI silliness would ruin that show. The show was done the way it should have been done. Live action, real stunts mixed with actual battle footage. Anything else would be an insult.
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

#126 OFFLINE   Indiana627

Indiana627

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 03:03 PM

Agreed - it would have to be the right kind of CGI. Done the right way, it could look incredible (a la BSG - or even Michael Bay's movie Pearl Harbor - that CGI looked great to me). I personally always thought the real combat footage spliced in with the show looked kinda silly. Don't get me wrong, I love watching documentaries with real combat footage, but the mixture of the two just didn't do it for me.

Edited by Indiana627, 29 August 2009 - 06:38 PM.

Mark

"We named the dog Indiana."
Family Room: HR24-100; WD10EVCS 1TB drive in Antec MX-1; connected via HDMI to Denon AVR-2313CI; 5.1 setup with Boston Acoustics A250 fronts, A225C center, A25 surrounds, ASW650 sub; video to Sony 52W4100 via HDMI; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
Bedroom: HR21-200 with AM21 & Philips PHDTV1 Antenna, HDMI to Dynex 32" TV; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
(1) Slimline 3 LBN dish (2 lines direct to each HR2x. No multiswitch.)
D* since January 2003

#127 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 02:30 PM

Ba Ba Blacksheep was one of my favs back in the day. I for one would love to see that one remade.

spam firewall