Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR2x and R22 0x034C - Discussion

• Please log in to reply
710 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 28,929 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:13 PM

This is the discussion thread for all MPEG-4 DVRs, software version 0x034C.

Release notes:
http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=163484

Issues Only thread:
http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=163486

Please feel free to discuss all aspects of this release in this thread. However, while a certain amount of ranting is expected, forum rules are still in effect and we ask that you refrain from personal attacks and statements you cannot defend.

Edited by Doug Brott, 29 August 2009 - 01:44 PM.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 28,929 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:24 PM

Apparently someone has received a new national release:
http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=163476

Enjoy .. It will likely be staggered and take a few weeks to reach everyone.
DIRECTV Firmware Monitor - iPhone - Android - HTML5

DIRECTV employee since August 2011.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#3 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,077 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:49 AM

While I do not have one myself, based on previous reports, it will be interesting to see how HR22 users report on this new National release.

In the past, there were some performance "issues" apparently, and this release should show some noticable signs of improvement along those lines.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#4 OFFLINE   SpringsMTBR

SpringsMTBR

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:16 AM

Its obvious what some of these features and improvements are, but some are not so obvious - can anyone explain what some of these are? I saw a YouTube video about DoublePlay which was very helpful, but I can't find specifics on these other features. Thanks in advance.

New features

* TVMail
* Live Extension

Improved/Updated

* 1080p/24 TV compatibility
* Series Link deletion from To Do List
* Conflict Information on To Do List

#5 OFFLINE   Sartori

Sartori

Legend

• Registered
  • 174 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:25 AM

And what doubleplay means.....

#6 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 28,929 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:26 AM

Its obvious what some of these features and improvements are, but some are not so obvious - can anyone explain what some of these are? I saw a YouTube video about DoublePlay which was very helpful, but I can't find specifics on these other features. Thanks in advance.

New features

* TVMail
* Live Extension

Improved/Updated

* 1080p/24 TV compatibility
* Series Link deletion from To Do List
* Conflict Information on To Do List

We'll have a better set of documentation up later today, but quickly ..

TVMail is basically the messages that you access via your DIRECTV remote.

Live Extension is a feature that prompts you to add more time when setting up a recording of a live program (Football, American Idol, etc.)

1080p/24 TV compatibility basically means that some sets that may have been having problems will work correctly now with 1080p programming.

Series link deletion from To Do List .. pretty much what it says here. Previously you could not delete a series link from the To Do List. You had to go to the prioritizer to do this.

Conflict Information on To Do List .. There is more detailed information provided in the To Do List when there is a conflict. If, for example, you were scheduled to record 3 programs at the same time (impossible with only 2 tuners), then it should now be even more clear as to why that third program is not recording.

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#7 OFFLINE   puffnstuff

puffnstuff

Icon

• Registered
  • 746 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:27 AM

DLB sort of.

#8 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 28,929 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:28 AM

You can "play" 2 programs at the same time and toggle between the two of them. If you are familiar with Dual live Buffers, This is what DoublePlay is. I even know who came up with that name :D :P.

Check this thread out: http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=163476

#9 OFFLINE   bigbenny13

bigbenny13

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:32 AM

what is meant by audio/video improvements specifically?

#10 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:39 AM

Who knows they don't release specifics about each issue they just give information on what aspects they have changed but not what changed for each item.

#11 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 32,077 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:55 AM

Typically those are performance improvements and minor User Interface cleanup and enhancements.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#12 OFFLINE   TBlazer07

TBlazer07

Grumpy Grampy

• Registered
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:01 AM

They've inproved the audio clarity of the Brrrriiiip and the video stays black longer. :lol: (just kidding of course, no idea what it means).

#13 OFFLINE   SpringsMTBR

SpringsMTBR

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:07 AM

We'll have a better set of documentation up later today, but quickly ..

TVMail is basically the messages that you access via your DIRECTV remote.

Live Extension is a feature that prompts you to add more time when setting up a recording of a live program (Football, American Idol, etc.)

1080p/24 TV compatibility basically means that some sets that may have been having problems will work correctly now with 1080p programming.

Series link deletion from To Do List .. pretty much what it says here. Previously you could not delete a series link from the To Do List. You had to go to the prioritizer to do this.

Conflict Information on To Do List .. There is more detailed information provided in the To Do List when there is a conflict. If, for example, you were scheduled to record 3 programs at the same time (impossible with only 2 tuners), then it should now be even more clear as to why that third program is not recording.

Thanks Doug - that helps a lot.

#14 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,041 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:23 AM

There's a great First Look at the Fall 2009 Update here:

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=163505

#15 OFFLINE   MadManNBama

MadManNBama

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:42 AM

Wow guys! DLB finally? I don't believe it.... Its been such a long wait, and just in time for football season. Live extensions is another goodie that I will be happy to have. I get so pissed when recording baseball and miss the 9th inning in a close game!

#16 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,378 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:06 PM

I have been waiting for this since the days of my HR250 TiVo.

This is the reason TiVo was the best it ever got. I used these things like mad.

Now, I'm going to love my DirecTV box.

When we finally get it. I called the VP of CS's office this morning and they dont have anything on this software build lol. I found that hard to believe since there are people with the build already. Thats pretty abnormal.

#17 OFFLINE   Doug Brott

Doug Brott

Lifetime Achiever

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 28,929 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:20 PM

When we finally get it. I called the VP of CS's office this morning and they dont have anything on this software build lol. I found that hard to believe since there are people with the build already. Thats pretty abnormal.

Why would you call the VP of CS's office to ask what's in the release? Is the information provided here not enough?

#18 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,262 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:36 PM

I personally have mostly given up on any areas at DirecTV which formally interact with the public being on top off the latest happenings and disseminating technically accurate information on their systems and pretty much have to rely on forums like this one or SatelliteGuys nowadays.

To me it seems the technical people who really know what's going on at DirecTV do not answer phones, e-mails, or post to internet discussion groups with the public.

#19 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,378 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:42 PM

Why would you call the VP of CS's office to ask what's in the release? Is the information provided here not enough?

I didnt call to see what was in the release. I called to see when I might get it.

#20 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,171 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:47 PM

I didnt call to see what was in the release. I called to see when I might get it.

Staggered ands Random, as was mentioned at the beginning of this thread. CS would never have this info...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...