Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Monoprice HDMI switch HDX-401E

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   reber1b

reber1b

Legend

• Registered
  • 165 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 02:11 PM

If anyone here has the 4x1 Monoprice HDMI switch designated HDX-401E, could you tell me how long you've had it, and how dependable it has been, and any negatives you may have? TIA

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   cadet502

cadet502

FHNSAB

• DBSTalk Club
  • 846 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 06:18 PM

I've got that switch (version 2.4) Had it since November of 2007, been very hapy with it. Only negative I've got it that the power on indicator light is too darn bright. I keep a pair of opaque cable end caps in front of it to diffuse it.
I'm able to run it with my Harmony 670. PM me if you need the setup info (if it hasn't changed)

#3 OFFLINE   dettxw

dettxw

MRVing

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,005 posts
  • LocationChoctaw, OK

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:46 PM

Had one about a year, but since I got a replacement receiver/amp with HDMI in the bedroom don't need the switch any longer so it's been relegated to the study switching between the H21-200 & PC to the monitor.

It's well constructed, works well and operates off of a remote. If I still had a real need for an HDMI switch I might go for one that automatically prioritizes and switches between the inputs.

-Steve- Subscriber since Sept 1998  My Complete Setup

SWM16 / HR44-500 (2TB & AM21) / HR34-700 (3TB & AM21) / HR24-500 (2TB eSATA) / C31 via WCCK / C41 x2 / C41W / H25-700

#4 OFFLINE   reber1b

reber1b

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 165 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:02 PM

Thanks guys, I ordered one today.

spam firewall