Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Mad Men: "Love Among The Ruins" OAD 8/23/09

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,822 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:12 AM

First of all, who was quick enough to catch the date on the wedding invitation?

Spoiler
That gives you some idea how that wedding's going to turn out.

Overall, this was a sharp episode but seemed a bit transitional. We're starting to see a lot of workplace hostility at the Coop, and it seems everyone's snipping at someone.

It seems this episode was about the way you deal with your elders, and your children, when they're not doing what you want. Don's quick about it... he favors a sledgehammer whether it's shouting at his own kids or putting the screws to his brother-in-law.

On the other hand, Roger doesn't know what to do with the mess that his family's become. Don't forget that Don once worked for Roger, and now Don's snipping at him too. And all three partners can't stand Pryce.

I thought Madison Square Garden, and Don's speech about it, was the real metaphor for the hour. Do you embrace the old although it's decaying, or do you look forward to the new? Or, as Don has done at home, do you walk a tightrope between your aging in-law and your child to come?

Again, so much in this episode and not enough time to talk about it. Just one question for you dear readers, if you're women or medical professionals... how often did you wince as Betty lit up or took a drink of wine?
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   compac

compac

Legend

• Registered
  • 209 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:51 PM

JFK's the day after his assassination...

Is there a prize?
July 2009 HD locals;dma 67, D* ...
HR20, HDMI connected DLP 62" MITSU

HR22-100, works well, TOSHIBA REGZA 32" 1080p HD LCDTV 32RV530U

vod, D*2PC, edgecutter, sometimes

#3 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,293 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:49 PM

A couple of curious moments:

"Why the hell did you buy us in the first place?"
"I don't know."

"You are not an artist. You solve problems. Leave some tools in your toolbox."

The Ann Marget discussion was amusing.

The whole performance of Elisabeth Moss as Peggy struggling to figure out how to fit in on the job and off the job is so great.

My wife still hates this show because it's so real.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

spam firewall