Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NFL Redzone

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jclewter79

jclewter79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:22 PM

Dish Network announced today during a special retailer chat that they will be carrying the NFL Redzone channel at launch. They will be carrying the SD and HD feeds, it will be located at channel 155 and, you will have to have the silver 200 package or above and the multi-sports pack to get it.

http://dish.client.s...eleaseID=404745

Edited by jclewter79, 24 August 2009 - 01:29 PM.
Link added

Dish Customer since 12/13/03
Leased 722 DVR (Under contract until 08/02/10?)
(The installer had me sign an exsisting customer 18 month agreement!)
Owned 301 (Purchased at Wal-Mart 12/12/03)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   snowcat

snowcat

Legend

• Registered
  • 236 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:41 PM

I didn't expect this to happen. This is definitely tempting...

#3 OFFLINE   jclewter79

jclewter79

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:50 PM

I really did not expect it either. I will probably add the multi-sports pack for football season because of this.

#4 OFFLINE   Kheldar

Kheldar

Icon

• Registered
  • 773 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:55 PM

Of course they picked it up. Now they can honestly claim that they carry every NFL game. They'll just leave out the fact that it isn't the whole game. :grin:
George Bernard Shaw: "We learn from experience that men never learn anything from experience." ;) :D

The 50-50-90 Rule: "Whenever you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability that you will get it wrong." -- Unknown ;)

Heinlein's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

#5 OFFLINE   crabtrp

crabtrp

Legend

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:01 PM

Is the RedZone channel available to DirecTv customers without having the whole NFL package?

#6 OFFLINE   jclewter79

jclewter79

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:06 PM

Is the RedZone channel available to DirecTv customers without having the whole NFL package?

No announcement yet to that effect.

#7 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:10 PM

DirecTV's redzone channel is different the the NFL Network's version.

#8 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:11 PM

Man. They found a way to get me to pick up the multi sports pack again for a few months.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#9 OFFLINE   Kheldar

Kheldar

Icon

• Registered
  • 773 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:13 PM

DirecTV's redzone channel is different the the NFL Network's version.

That isn't really known for sure, is it? Until now, the DirecTV's RedZone channel was the only one. How do you know that the DirecTV RedZone won't now just be the NFL RedZone channel?
George Bernard Shaw: "We learn from experience that men never learn anything from experience." ;) :D

The 50-50-90 Rule: "Whenever you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability that you will get it wrong." -- Unknown ;)

Heinlein's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

#10 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,832 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:18 PM

That isn't really known for sure, is it? Until now, the DirecTV's RedZone channel was the only one. How do you know that the DirecTV RedZone won't now just be the NFL RedZone channel?

It will be a lot different.

NFL RedZone is a new and different service than the Red Zone Channel offered by DirecTV to subscribers to the Sunday Ticket out-of-market package.

If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#11 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,450 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:04 PM

Posted Image

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Aug 24, 2009 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX News Network/ -- DISH Network Corporation (Nasdaq: DISH) and NFL Network today announced that "NFL RedZone" - a new channel from NFL Network - will be available on DISH Network starting on the NFL's first Sunday of the regular season, Sept. 13.

NFL RedZone, produced by NFL Network, whips around every NFL game on Sunday afternoons delivering touchdowns and the most exciting moments live and in high definition. When a team goes inside the 20-yard line, known as the "red zone," fans see the crucial plays as they happen. The channel keeps fans up-to-date in real time, switching from game to game with live look-ins, highlights and a chance to see every important play.
"NFL RedZone is the most exciting thing to happen to football since high definition," said Ira Bahr, Chief Marketing Officer for DISH Network. "There's no better way to kick off the 2009 NFL season than by changing the way America watches football, and DISH Network is pleased to offer consumers an opportunity to catch every touchdown and the biggest plays as they happen."

"Fans with DISH Network now have the ability to see the important plays from NFL games as they happen on Sunday afternoons with our new NFL RedZone channel," said Kim Williams, Chief Operating Officer for NFL Network. "We are thrilled to announce this deal with DISH Network that provides fans with an exciting new channel produced by NFL Network that complements the live broadcasts of NFL games."

Starting Sept. 13, NFL RedZone provides live action and real-time highlights from the 1:00 p.m. E.T. and 4:00 p.m. E.T. games. Host Scott Hanson brings viewers real-time scoring and fantasy updates from a new state-of-the-art NFL RedZone studio at NFL Network headquarters in Los Angeles.

NFL RedZone is broadcast in both high definition and standard definition on DISH Network Ch. 155 as part of the Multi-Sport Package, which is available to most DISH Network customers at $5.99 per month.
For more information on NFL RedZone, visit www.nfl.com/redzonetv. For more information on DISH Network, visit www.dishnetwork.com.

About DISH Network Corporation
DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), the nation's HD leader, provides approximately 13.610 million satellite TV customers as of June 30, 2009 with the highest quality programming and technology at the best value, including the lowest all-digital price nationwide. Customers have access to hundreds of video and audio channels, the most HD channels, the most international channels, state-of-the-art interactive TV applications, and award-winning HD and DVR technology including 1080p Video on Demand and the ViP® 722 HD DVR, a CNET and PC Magazine "Editors' Choice." DISH Network is included in the Nasdaq-100 Index (NDX) and is a Fortune 250 company. Visit www.dishnetwork.com.

SOURCE DISH Network Corporation
http://www.dishnetwork.com
Copyright © 2009 PR Newswire. All rights reserved

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#12 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:48 PM

When I saw that Fuel was being moved from 155 to 156, and all the Redzone adds, I was holding out hope, that the redzone channel would just appear. Now I don't have to hope at all. YEE HAW

#13 OFFLINE   nmetro

nmetro

Godfather

• Registered
  • 585 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:09 PM

According to the NFL RedZone website, the DirecTV RedZone channel is different from the NFL RedZone channel being offered by DISH and cable outlets.

#14 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Registered
  • 831 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:31 PM

Well, I am now seriously thinking about switching to Dish full time. If only they would get CSN Northwest, I'd be set.

Does anybody know if this channel will show teams driving down the field, or just them in the Red Zone? For example, if a game goes to OT, will we see the OT as it happens, with team's driving, or will we only see it if teams go inside the Red Zone? It would suck if we can't see a team try a 50 yard FG in OT and the game ends and we weren't able to see it live.

Edited by Eksynyt, 24 August 2009 - 06:10 PM.

#15 OFFLINE   jclewter79

jclewter79

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:39 PM

Of course they picked it up. Now they can honestly claim that they carry every NFL game. They'll just leave out the fact that it isn't the whole game. :grin:

They have already told the retailers that they are not allowed to use the terms: "out of market" or "sunday ticket" in their ads involving the new channel.

#16 OFFLINE   Kheldar

Kheldar

Icon

• Registered
  • 773 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:59 PM

They have already told the retailers that they are not allowed to use the terms: "out of market" or "sunday ticket" in their ads involving the new channel.

But what about "every game", "all the important action", etc? You don't think they're going to try to use this to make people think they have all the big football?

Even before they got this channel, in previous seasons they were advertising "football every night of the week".

Edited by Kheldar, 24 August 2009 - 08:11 PM.

#17 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,450 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:18 PM

In market-speak.... expect to see ads now that not only say "all the big games"... but "all the big plays" or "all the scores" or something to that effect.

And don't think for a minute that DirecTV, Time Warner, Comcast, etc., etc. wouldn't use the same market speak themselves.

-- I like to go fast (not really)

#18 OFFLINE   GrumpyBear

GrumpyBear

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,233 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:23 PM

Like the advertisement for the Redzone already says.
All the scores, from every game.
What a killer bonus for adding the Multi sports pack. Normally I and I know others do it this time of year for College football season, and now we get this as a great big cherry on the top.
Sundays, anchor one tuner to a game, and the other tuner to NFL Redzone, jump over any and everytime you see a score update, on games you are insterested in, or just have it PiP.

#19 OFFLINE   morbid_fun

morbid_fun

Godfather

• Registered
  • 402 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:33 PM

Well, I am now seriously thinking about switching to Dish full time. If only they would get CSN Northwest, I'd be set.

Does anybody know if this channel will show teams driving down the field, or just them in the Red Zone? For example, if a game goes to OT, will we see the OT as it happens, with team's driving, or will we only see it if teams go inside the Red Zone? It would suck if we can't see a team try a 50 yard FG in OT and the game ends and we weren't able to see it live.

If the channel will be anything like DirecTV's version, they will only show the redzone action and scoring action. There are times where if no one is in the redzone they will pick a game or two and show the drives, then switch to a score, whether a touchdown or a field goal. Either way, the redzone channel is very much worth it. :)

#20 OFFLINE   surfdude85

surfdude85

AllStar

• Registered
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 05:46 AM

sounds great! so can someone having classic bronze add the multi sports pkg, and receive this new channel? thanks

spam firewall